1 2 3
JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/8/19 9:11 p.m.

Aforementioned beer fridge. laugh

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/11/19 10:48 a.m.

Build it and they will come. And move in with no offer to pay rent.

Relocated this guy from inside the shop to one of the outbuildings. I'm sure he was helping keep the mice in check, but I don't really want snakes in my space.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/14/19 11:42 p.m.

Got the dirtbike engine back together (with no small amount of swearing; engine case sealant that wants 1 minute to cure before sticking the parts together is tricky), hung in the frame, and off the table. It fired up on the first kick, and has third gear now, and isn't making any ugly noises.

Tidied up, swept and vacuumed, mounted the birthday presents from my dear wife (wheel clamp and locking casters for the bike table) just in time for the first paying client to show up with his Virago. Wheeled it straight up onto the table and will be refreshing it either for use or for sale.

Good weekend.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
11/6/19 12:30 p.m.

Its about that time again. Getting to be cold enough that I'm going to need inside workspace soon. I'm overdue for a serious tidy-up session.

Fired up the stove for the first time last week.

The insulation makes a big difference even without the stove going (butt dyno says 15 degrees F), suspect when I actually manage the burn rate in the stove properly, it'll be plenty warm. I've been stockpiling wood scraps all year and have several bushels of scrap small enough for the stove. We'll see how long that holds up.

Had a critter hole in the bottom of the wood garage door. Consulted the woodworker neighbor about recreating that board; she suggested boxing it with aluminum and forgetting about it. Couple long pieces of aluminum angle to sandwich the bottom edge, and a rubber seal has me back to weather tight. Had to adjust the door tracks to accommodate the extra height of the bottom section, and still need weatherstripping for the sides and top edge, but should keep the remainder of the snow from drifting in. Want to get some caulk and paint on the door before it gets too cold again.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
11/6/19 1:17 p.m.

Have you worked on that awesome truck build you started???

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
11/6/19 2:03 p.m.

I haven't. At all. In two years.

If somebody made me a reasonable offer, I'd probably take it. As much as I like the idea of a big off-road-capable truck, I have too many toys and not enough time and it is low on the priorities list.

sad

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hfn4SYHJxGOLtLNDy9xRMvzhVOvHvSPLv8OJRgj6AxVXW3I2Xk1mAxZHZuc85oq8