1 2 3 4
dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
8/1/24 12:11 p.m.

So about a week before I listed the car on marketplace, some guy drove into my passenger door while driving across a parking lot *big sigh.* I let him go mostly because I figured insurance would just total the car, which is perfectly usable, and then I went home and did what I could as an amateur with a borrowed PDR glue gun kit. It's no longer hideous but it was really frustrating as the car was very clean and straight otherwise. After 3 weeks on marketplace, I haven't gotten so much as a lowball offer, which is honestly fine as any miles I put on this car saves wear and tear on my truck and FC convertible. I listed the car for what I thought would be top dollar, just to try and weed out un-serious buyers, but if any GRM members are interested, the GRM discount price is $3500 and maybe a 6 pack for the garage fridge.. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1004178304488985/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
9/10/24 11:53 a.m.

So over the weekend we packed 4 people, a puppy and all their luggage into the S60 and did a 1600 mile round trip to Maine for my better half's birthday. Other than burning out a headlight bulb, the car didn't falter, and I think we averaged about 32 mpg. I rented a bicycle and did some car spotting while visiting Portland:

Told a friend who also dabbles in dirt cheap Euro cars about the trip, to which he responded "I like how much you’re willing to gamble with an old beater." 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SxOam29WZ9wJP22QsXqeOAKOifoxitXypRgooBAZRxEln0b7O045DcF8tDd2ppEp