1 ... 11 12 13
earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
5/31/24 5:49 p.m.

In reply to saruken :

smiley

I would have used regular, shorter sockets, but the bolt would not fit through the hole in them - so, I grabbed my set of impact sockets.  

wsfarley
wsfarley New Reader
7/22/24 8:48 p.m.

In reply to benbeames :

I watched it.Great Stuff.

hollynicholas
hollynicholas New Reader
8/3/24 4:08 a.m.

Hey guys, I am about to start building an open-wheel style car based on an old FSAE chassis I found off marketplace. What features should I really be focusing on? I am trying to ensure that each of the systems can be easily serviceable/upgradable so I can easily swap parts, I'm currently working on the drivetrain setup where I'm planning on using a 120kW electric motor along with a 7.2kW battery setup, maybe more if I manage to scrounge up some additional funds. And the next thing on my list is going to be a steering setup. I am planning on using it for time attacks and endurance-style races.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/3/24 5:41 a.m.

In reply to hollynicholas :

Love the plan :D Be VERY careful with the electric setup.

Also - more knowledgeable people than me will either correct me or chime in - you might want to look at the math behind battery size and motor efficiency, as a bigger battery would also give more performance, and minimize the need to recharge if you take too many runs.

1 ... 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZBUz4gJ6Y9MjMvyOtnivnsAAzScGJbJfZFfKqyH7eDSTJEsNwICBfiU2YrOrpVVy