1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 39
wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/21/23 12:58 p.m.

How about a toggle pin and a washer as a target?

https://www.mcmaster.com/product/5093A55

You can actually drill the handle and attach a rod as well in order to make it more accessible.

OneSickGNX
OneSickGNX Reader
5/29/23 12:45 a.m.

Michael you have seriously out done your self on MoCAR. This is turning out absolutely amazing. Also any thoughts on a pro stock or demon scoops.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/29/23 6:52 a.m.

Rob: just orderd some of tjose clamps to play with. Seem like an awesome solution. I got the $6 for 4 version from Amazon though.

One sick: thanks! I'm really happy woth how its turning out, and im looking forward to getting back on it. Scoops are a last ditch effort for hood clearance, as i really want the flat hood. The duster 340 scoops would be be neat for cosmetics, buf i think they'd be really dirty aero wise. 

I do have a new goal; 2024 challenge for exhibition. Between the car getting a blurb in the mag, the new addition of the firm after the challenge, and the fact that it was freaking AWESOME to hang out with everyone and help AngryCorvair this year, i feel it has to be done. 

This week and weekend are booked, and i have tons on my plate with the rest of life right now, but im getting antsy to get back on this. The next two big steps are getting the fiberglass doors fitted, and closeout panels made. Steve agreed to teach me the ways of cad on the closeout panels, so i need to be ready for that.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/18/23 6:32 p.m.

front tilt hood hinges aquired. Free!

Dusterbd13-michael
7/12/23 10:01 a.m.

teaching my daughter how to sand, tape and paint. She did fantastic. 

Next, we explore vinyl wrap!

Dusterbd13-michael
7/12/23 6:24 p.m.

YouTube LIES. wrapping a car is not so easy a caveman can do it. 

Id like to think my daughter is way smarter than that. I know i ain't, but she is!!!

Wild stuff to work with. Definitely a steep learning curve to do the complex corners. But, we had a 1ftx5ft piece of cheap blue/purple flip flop ebay vinyl to try. The color isn't what i thought it would be, making seams isn't as easy or as seamless as i thought it would be, and goung around bends is way harder. It also seems to want to lift at the wrapped edges. Not sure what we screwed up there.....

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/12/23 6:34 p.m.

If you want to feel defeated with wrap, watch some of the NASCAR team videos of the cars getting wrapped. I am still in awe watching those guys work in real time. They start with a single pice that has to be 20ft*6ft for each side.

Lots of propane torch use to get the edges and corners to lay down right.

Dusterbd13-michael
7/12/23 7:11 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

I already feel defeated after comparing myself to dudes with neck tattoos and gold teeth that lay this stuff out flawless in the wind while holding their pants up with one hand and smoking a cigarette with the other.....

Watching the nascar guys would probably make me cry.

But seriously, is there good educational videos to watch? Playing with this stuff is intriguing, and i think it really is the way to go for a track car. Seems like it will hold up better than cheap paint.....

Should i start a thread in the main forum?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/12/23 7:15 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to stafford1500 :

Should i start a thread in the main forum?

Yes.  I could use some pointers, too.

Dusterbd13-michael
7/12/23 7:32 p.m.

There's now a learn me thread

Dusterbd13-michael
7/23/23 7:11 p.m.

70 bucks and an hour got me 4 sticker nascar rain tires, and a 45 inch cup driveshaft. Not a bad day.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/23/23 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

What size are those tires?

They look sorta Lego proportioned.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
7/23/23 8:21 p.m.

Bro you be livin' in the right part of da werld for that to happen......rock on....

Dusterbd13-michael
7/23/23 8:24 p.m.

27.5x12.0x15

Theyre biguns. 

Driveshaft is 45.25 u-u supposedly, and if i remember my measurements correctly i needed a 45.5 Driveshaft.

So, hopefully when i get back on.this one i have a good Driveshaft!

Dusterbd13-michael
7/24/23 7:15 p.m.

yoke is wrong, but length and rear u joint are right! So, i have enough to mKe a driveshaft!

i also have the first fiberglass door roughed in for fit. Im having to cut way more than i want, so ill need to figure out additional structure to add back. That was one of my main problems with the steel doors was how floppy they became. 

a_florida_man
7/24/23 8:15 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

...some sort of magical NASCAR candy land... lol

Dusterbd13-michael
7/25/23 5:50 a.m.

I love my candyland!

Dusterbd13-michael
8/13/23 4:15 p.m.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/23 4:19 p.m.

Yasss!

Piguin
Piguin New Reader
8/14/23 2:10 a.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Yasss!

Took the word right out of my mouth!

So good to see this back.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/14/23 6:14 a.m.

In reply to Piguin :

Im glad to have it back. I dot burned out after hitting it hard for a year, and had planned a month's hiatus. Had a lot of things take priority after that, and it wound up being a while longer. But im excited about the project again, and i think i have a good plan of attack for the next steps. 

Which reminds me, i need to call steve. 

a_florida_man
8/14/23 7:28 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Which reminds me, i need to call steve. 

I need to add this to my signature...

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/14/23 8:46 a.m.

I love the progress! 

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/23 9:16 a.m.

Michael, I am back in the world of easy communications...

My work schedule should start easing up in a few weeks too.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/14/23 9:52 a.m.
stafford1500 said:

Michael, I am back in the world of easy communications...

My work schedule should start easing up in a few weeks too.

Sounds perfect! Im looking forward to learning template making and closeout panels from the zen master.

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 39

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ab4OOxAh5G9FFFWURFcDpfRdODSQDdKXA66p8ZgcLLjTtwn44W0JbGmsGBHu2vNY