1 2 3 4 5
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/27/22 5:00 p.m.

No update in awhile, an entire department at work was doing a weak job and corporate finally heard what we were telling them...unfortunately, this meant a LOT of extra work for me having to fix EVERY shop in my area in six weeks. Worked out to four a week for something we usually schedule two days to. And, I got Covid in the middle of that. Good times. 

The e36 got an entire new power steering system, a new headliner for the hardtop and a Bluetooth stereo (teenage daughters request). The Dakota got all the spring hangers knocked off the frame so I can sand and prep that before mounting the Belltech hangers. The 300ce STILL has a leak somewhere on the fuel pump setup but it's just sitting there because I haven't had time and an open garage stall.

and the truck turned 30,000 on my home Wednesday.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/27/22 6:55 p.m.

It's already done, but may I suggest Lucas power steering stop leak in the future....saved me a new rack plus labor on the 04 Bravada $28.00  drive out.....and no I'm not a REP just an extremely  satisfied customer.... 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/27/22 7:49 p.m.

Nah, the pump was frozen and the rack had a spot that was binding. I replaced everything while I was in there.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/30/22 3:30 p.m.

Truck turned 35000 this last week, had some vacation time so used it for this week. Installed the blower motor and final drive in the e36 - what a sucky job. Now have heat though so that's a plus. Have a slow power steering leak that I'm still tracking down but having it totally roadworthy and pretty well refreshed end to end is a win.

The 300CE is next on my list and I hope to get it in the garage tonight but I'm sitting at the BMV with my daughter to get her license hopefully 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
1/6/23 2:29 p.m.

My brother drove my old e36 Vert about 500 miles since I sold it to him so I bought it back. It's such a clean car I'm looking forward to getting the details right on it. Interior is complete trash so that'll be a major focus(dove grey if anyone has good seats haha). Super stoked to have it coming back

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
1/6/23 2:53 p.m.

I don't know if everyone saw the for trade ad but my brother sold his warehouse which means the Lotus' (Loti?) are being shuttled from place to place; if anyone is interested in them I'll trade the two for something running and driving. They are way in the future for me and without the space to store them well I'd rather someone else takes them on. Hate to do it.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/24/23 7:09 p.m.

The e36 got a new windshield today, when I dropped it off last night I locked it and walked to my wife's van to go home-forgot my car wash ticket for the truck was in it and went back....would not unlock. Nothing I could do to unlock it. AAA came out and couldn't get it unlocked either. Safelite cut a hole in the windshield this morning so I could reach inside and start and put the windows down. Weeeeeee. Figured out that the actuator failed, so that's on the list now.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/24/23 7:16 p.m.

I had a couple days off so I did the rest drop kit on the dakota as well.

This is how I usually take care of the factory rivets, step bit then cut off wheel then air chisel and punch.

Im using a belltech 4/4 drop but it measures at about 5.5" so we will see how it sits

All mocked up ready to spin. I'll put it together make sure it's good then blow it apart to clean and paint everything

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/5/23 6:04 p.m.

Went a met a prospective future caretaker of the lotus, he has a VW Cabriolet that he wants to trade for them which would be perfect for me(I'm honestly not a convertible guy). While I was there scoped out some of my brothers projects

and grabbed some wheels for his wife's civic to mount up

and the wheels I'm going to throw on the red e36. Daughter driving it I'm not throwing anything super nice at it

GaryC83
GaryC83 Reader
3/5/23 7:38 p.m.

What's the story on the red benz? Always liked those. Tons of potential. 

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/5/23 8:34 p.m.

Is that your building? Or your brothers?  I want to put up a building someday and might have some questions. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/5/23 8:37 p.m.

It's a 190e, 92 or 93 can't quite remember. Found it in a field and put it back on the road Ten or twelve years ago. The clear coat failed everywhere which is unfortunate as the body is very nice. Probably a wrap in it future.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/5/23 8:40 p.m.
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) said:

Is that your building? Or your brothers?  I want to put up a building someday and might have some questions. 

Brothers, it's a K Building. When you are ready I can put you in touch with him.

GaryC83
GaryC83 Reader
3/5/23 8:54 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

That's exactly why I was asking - I've wanted to do a 190E Evo type build for years. Looks like a super clean project.  I've got a W140 S500 kicking around waiting for something. Always liked that era MB. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/5/23 9:22 p.m.

He had a w140 s500 for a few years laid out on some 19" lorinsers, it was a sweet car. They have a ton of modifications available and look really good done

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/6/23 11:37 a.m.

In reply to GaryC83 :

I don't think I could mess with anther w140 lol

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/6/23 2:39 p.m.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
4/3/23 9:23 a.m.

Did some work on the Dakota front, got the spindles swapped so I could see the final ride height

had a spare set of Volks sitting there so I figured out adaptors and spacing 

yummy

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/15/23 6:00 p.m.

Mounted up the Team Dynamics

yupididit
4/15/23 6:24 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I forgot about those Volks!

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/15/23 6:30 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to chandler :

Have a few sets now, my favorite wheel style.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/7/23 9:25 p.m.

The Dakota is all mocked up and looking tasty. Have a ton of brake/suspension/bushing stuff to do as well as cleaning, sanding, and painting

Picked up this GTI today on my way home from watching OLOA at Nelson Ledges as well as a truck load of parts; 7 snowflakes, 6 BBS RA and there is another car and another truck load of parts. Yay, back in the MKI world .

And, finally made a deal on the Elites so loaded this one to deliver to Pittsburgh on Tuesday night. 

Truck turned over 51,000 miles during the day, I was on vacation this week and flew last week or it would be much higher. There is talk of my area getting pared down which would be a major relief.

Manual_Trans
Manual_Trans New Reader
5/7/23 10:18 p.m.

Ugh. Those rivets on the Dakota spring hangers were a nightmare for me. I had the front dropped in a couple of hours, but the rear took me four consecutive days of blood, sweat, and tears. It didn't help that bed was still on it. I used a grinder, an air chisel, and an assortment of hammers, punches, and drill bits. Worst drop kit install ever. The results are beautiful, though! 

yupididit
5/7/23 11:01 p.m.
chandler said:
yupididit said:

In reply to chandler :

Have a few sets now, my favorite wheel style.

I want a set for my 190e but I hand do many things ahead of buying wheels crying

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/10/23 6:41 a.m.

Looks like I found the right caretaker for the Elites

The blue one was posted here as found on CL and I had kept his number; so when we first started talking I passed it on and he went and bought it as well. There is a MG TD around the corner to the left and one in the closed bay as well.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XOI93Izt5egiiM6iCArJTVAa1ZUKJCZOBcfxVbwEVaPkFygVorNHjPcDs852a80n