1 2
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/23 2:41 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

Were you able to access the trunk from the back seat? Maybe the keys are in there.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
2/14/23 2:52 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I have not. It smells really bad in there. And looking at the structure diagrams, I'd have to send a kid through, not me.

I need to just pull the door panel and take the locks apart. But they've never been off and I'm sceered to break stuff.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
3/23/23 2:26 p.m.

So, I was looking around, getting to know the car and add to the growing pile of parts. I discovered that I do NOT have a Ford 9" rearend. I have the obscure 6-year-run Ford 9-3/8" rear. I did not know that was a thing. Luckily, it has 31-spline axle shafts and accepts a center section/gears from common 9"-ers with no mods. This is down the list a ways, though.

link if you care to learn more about it.  automotiva-obscura-the-ford-9-3-8-differential/

And good whitewall tires are damn expensive! For street tires anyway.

I need an upper control arm for the passenger side, anybody know where to find replacements? I'll go junkyard if I have to, but even those are hard to find.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/23 3:55 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

TIL...

quincey
quincey
8/27/23 7:36 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

Nice find! The door lock can be removed without pulling the door card. Looking at the door edge, there is a 1 1/4 inch piece of metal at the same level as the lock. If nothing is broken, pull the lip of the metal towards you and the lock should be free. an adult can't get through the back seat to access the trunk (tried it). 

This is mine 

Wicked
Wicked New Reader
10/24/23 10:24 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

Sweet ride. I have the 69 x100 in all white. She really moves with that 429 under the hood. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3KqI1ZsX4udIDvCXj29AFgGqGxUzBDZ2FGSYnGBc3kahmtCmYU4vUfyNVSSrPKM9