1 2 3
Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
5/21/24 10:02 p.m.

Well I got the car back clutch no longer slips and the AC blows cold.

I powered out the warehouse district and wouldn't you know it; I got power oversteer........hmmm

So I guess what we thought was the diff slipping was the clutch...oops.

So next on the list of things is installing the new front springs

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
5/22/24 7:02 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

At least on the SN95, undo sway bar end links, spring compressor on the spring as best you can, support control arm with jack, undo ball joint, lower jack and pull spring out. There is a chance you might not need the compressor if it's already got lowering springs.

Not a terrible job, did it a few times.

Might be a good time to do poly front control arm bushings if it doesn't already have them. The stock ones suck to press out though.

Stock traclok doesn't last long autocrossing. Great if it's still working, but not super awful to rebuild. Biggest pain is the s-spring. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
5/23/24 12:11 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

One of the hive gave me the spring holder tool so the job won't be to bad.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/13/24 9:44 p.m.

Well update after a bit of mucking about I managed to get the new spring install started.

So the drivers side is in. The springs on the car made it ride to low and screwed up the geometry.......the new spring will raise the front up about an inch and a quarter.

Now that I've figured out how to get the spring in there the passenger side will.hopefully be a bit less work.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/16/24 3:10 p.m.

So a quick recap of what I did to get it all apart.

Besides a bigger hammer moving the steering to full lock is what made the ie rod end drop out. I initially they didn't want to budge.

The new springs being longer than the old ones were a bit of a bear. The only spring compressors I had were for MacPhearson Strut springs but by using them at 11 and 1 O'clock the both cleared and compress the spring just enough.

The spring holder tool that bolts to the lower control arm is a must........without that I am sure the spring would pop out.

Since I was doing this on my own I used a tie down strap to hold the control arm up so I could place the jack where it needed to be.

All in it took me around 4-5 hours as I'd never done this style of suspension before.

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/16/24 4:44 p.m.

Congratulations on the progress

Following along

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/16/24 11:14 p.m.

In reply to RacingComputers :

Next up is the Cobra brake kit......

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
6/17/24 6:33 a.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

I have one on the shelf, it is supposed to be for my Lemons car but we never seem to need more brakes.  Technically belongs to another team mate.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ev1mRfvmIwTrREzmtMIN6FlnQpsMNQ8CyaJesYM69SlboOrd2m7XpDkDiymVAEvx