1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 76
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/18/20 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I look forward to seeing the car as good up close in person as it photographs stampie! Lotta work ahead of me.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/19/20 6:27 a.m.

I talked with the previous owner last night. Got the link to his photobucket and raided it of neon pictures. I also got his approval to keep the k1s that came with the car (semi-permanent loan)

This picture was in his photobucket. Exactly what im thinking the finish will be. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/19/20 6:14 p.m.

Today we started cleaning Hardware before sending it out for replating

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
4/19/20 6:18 p.m.

Can you get a waiver on expenditures proclaiming severe 'antsinmypantsious' from the powers that be? just wonderin' .......wink 

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/19/20 6:27 p.m.

Can you hook a tube from a running car exhaust in to the thing and fill it full of CO?  They gotta breath too, right?   

Dusterbd13-michael
4/19/20 6:37 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

If all goes according to plan, there wont be anything but steel for them to hide in by the end of the week. And ive bombed AGAIN. and set out bait. And talking to my pest control guys. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/20/20 12:05 p.m.

munchkin and i got fenders, hood, evap core, and inner fenders out over our lunch break today. She's having a ball. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/20/20 2:10 p.m.

The vibratory tumbler just caught fire. Guess im done with hardware for a minute. 

Dusterbd13-michael said:

The vibratory tumbler just caught fire. Guess im done with hardware for a minute. 

I could write a book about tumbler failures...

Dusterbd13-michael
4/20/20 3:00 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

Common?

And do you run degreaser and liquid or just dry media?

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I wreaked an HF unit just like yours in about a week.  I've ruined multiple models from Northern Tool.

Someone asked about this subject in off-topic last week and I wrote a treatise.

I run liquid with a pump and drip-thru system, and right now I run only ceramic media.  Dry media is fine with walnut shells, and might get the job done cleaning up bolts.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/20/20 4:59 p.m.

Thank you sir!

Dusterbd13-michael
4/20/20 5:17 p.m.

Munchkin after school/work got back bumper, taillights, and rear speakers out almost without help! Took her a while, but she did it! I had to help with Christmas tree fasters and some hidden hardware.

I went ahead and pulled the cowl. Found another mouse nest.

Need to get more bins. Next is engine. Probably. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/20/20 9:11 p.m.

Too much mass in tumbler? Then is there a duty cycle on those? It's been years since I had one but before now I have not heard of them catching fire.

It's kind of awesome really, not just once apparently.

Now i have to read the other thread about them....

Run_Away (Wears Clogs)
Run_Away (Wears Clogs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/20 10:34 p.m.

The blue is really a fantastic colour. cool

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/21/20 7:08 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

That's no bueno. What burned up?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/21/20 7:11 a.m.

In reply to Run_Away (Wears Clogs) :

Depending on the light, it looks petty blue or an odd purple. I love it!

Brap: motor. Walking around outside while on a call, smelled smoke. Motor was on fire, drum was hot enough that i couldn't put my hand in the liquid. 

Munchkin wants to pull the motor today. Well see!

Dusterbd13-michael
4/21/20 1:20 p.m.

motor is in the bed of my truck to be stripped and dropped at the scrap yard 

Mary ran the hoist and pulled the two motor mount bolts. She is ecstatic. Im a proud daddy. 

Good stuff, Dad, way to make those memories!

Lucy has run the hoist for me in the past.  A great job for a not very big kid.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/21/20 2:30 p.m.

Doing what I can. Iys amazing how much shes blossomed sonce we turned the tv and streaming services off completely. 

And she keeps asking to come work on the car with me. I have a feeling that this one will be hers someday. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/22/20 8:01 a.m.

Today is a reset day. Shop cleaned and mopped, tools and parts put away. Clear my head and think about the next steps and how to do them well and efficiently.

My buddy with the mobile blaster is ready whenever the car is i buy media, he does the labor as a favor repayment. Do need to get the epoxy primer though. But first i got to get the car ready. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/20 8:17 a.m.

nice work, Dad!  if Mary gets the Neon, can I buy the Duster?  ;-)

Dusterbd13-michael
4/22/20 8:43 a.m.

Umm...

Nope. That's her inheritance. Lol.

Mary may have this car as her second. Pretty sure her first car will be the stepside.

bonylad
bonylad GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/22/20 3:53 p.m.

May I ask a personal question?

You said something interesting. So far as cutting off tv and streaming services - you said your daughter blossomed?  My wife and I have the same issue with our 9 year old son. He has high functioning autism and adhd. Hes a smart kid, very smart but my god the electronics. Its crack!  

Why did you - if I may ask - decide this was what needed doing?  Were moving and nows a good time to start new habits and was curious if you wouldnt mind sharing your story?

Im sure I am not the only parent who has this issue.  

Thank you!

Chris

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 76

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NWTKvVsfVkkQGUfBsc7vuVRg6qdcGgNzbZnjtVpFJLroEDvJswldXf0Kvi7LUB6v