1 2
Lunatic
Lunatic None
1/2/13 11:05 p.m.

I just joined this group and posted pictures of my cars in my profile. So I guess I'll se if I'm doing it right. I'm a old car nut from way back. I built drag cars and raced back in the late 70s. I was one of the 1st person to put a 460 ford on the drag strip. It was a 61 falcon with a 460 stroked to 511, powerglyde, dana 60 with 4.56's. Ran 9.41. But now years later I'm into auto cross and mostly road course track days.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
1/2/13 11:55 p.m.

Holy crap, you'll fit in just fine around here! The '70 is particularly gorgeous, welcome aboard.

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 12:08 a.m.
ValuePack wrote: Holy *crap*, you'll fit in just fine around here! The '70 is particularly gorgeous, welcome aboard.

Thank you.

jere
jere Reader
1/3/13 12:35 a.m.

I need some more pictures of the white mini! Actually more pictures and info on all of them

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/3/13 6:52 a.m.

You so belong here, welcome to you new home

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 7:34 a.m.
jere wrote: I need some more pictures of the white mini! Actually more pictures and info on all of them

Is there anything in particular your looking for? I have dozens of pictures on file.

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 7:37 a.m.

I have a Facebook page set up. There are more pictures and video's there. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lunatic-Racing/375620119162747

jere
jere Reader
1/3/13 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Lunatic:

I really want to do a similar project in the future, and it looks you are doing lots of the cool stuff I have been reading about. And from what I can see there are lots of well thought out ideas you have put into practice. If your builds are secretive I understand but if not more pictures of the stuff you can't see with the body on

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/3/13 10:31 a.m.

Cool cars, welcome aboard!

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
1/3/13 10:42 a.m.

Very cool - I love the look of the 78.

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 10:56 a.m.
jere wrote: In reply to Lunatic: I really want to do a similar project in the future, and it looks you are doing lots of the cool stuff I have been reading about. And from what I can see there are lots of well thought out ideas you have put into practice. If your builds are secretive I understand but if not more pictures of the stuff you can't see with the body on

Nothing secretive. I'll post some more pictures.

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 11:08 a.m.

How do I add pictures to my thread?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/3/13 11:24 a.m.

Take them from the host site and link them that way.

On Photobucket, your photos have 4 link options, the third is the correct way for this forum

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 12:11 p.m.

I don't use photobucket but just added a bunch of pictures to my Profile.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/3/13 12:13 p.m.

You raced raced in the 70s? I wasn't born yet.

RPSadler
RPSadler New Reader
1/3/13 1:00 p.m.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/3/13 3:00 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: You raced raced in the 70s? I wasn't born yet.

You hear that? Another grey hair just popped in!

Welcome Lunatic, you'll do fine here.

Dan

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/3/13 7:25 p.m.

Hey, I'm just like a fine Whiskey, the older you get the better you get!

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/6/13 7:01 a.m.

The Minibusa is loaded, tomorrow we head out for a Track Day vacation. We're leaving cold snowy Central Oregon and heading south to sunny Calif. On the way down I have track days reserved at Buttonwillow Raceway, Willow Springs Raceway, And ending up at Chuckwalla Raceway where we will be staying for a few days. Then on the way home stops at Fontana Raceway, Luguna Seca, Sears Point and Thunderhill. Whish me luck.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/6/13 10:00 a.m.
Lunatic wrote: The Minibusa is loaded, tomorrow we head out for a Track Day vacation. We're leaving cold snowy Central Oregon and heading south to sunny Calif. On the way down I have track days reserved at Buttonwillow Raceway, Willow Springs Raceway, And ending up at Chuckwalla Raceway where we will be staying for a few days. Then on the way home stops at Fontana Raceway, Luguna Seca, Sears Point and Thunderhill. Whish me luck.

i want to retire like you!

Lunatic
Lunatic New Reader
1/6/13 4:38 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
Lunatic wrote: The Minibusa is loaded, tomorrow we head out for a Track Day vacation. We're leaving cold snowy Central Oregon and heading south to sunny Calif. On the way down I have track days reserved at Buttonwillow Raceway, Willow Springs Raceway, And ending up at Chuckwalla Raceway where we will be staying for a few days. Then on the way home stops at Fontana Raceway, Luguna Seca, Sears Point and Thunderhill. Whish me luck.
i want to retire like you!

Just spend 30 years working two jobs like I did.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
1/6/13 6:20 p.m.

In reply to Lunatic:

Aw man. You mean I can't get there working part time at the gas station and living in my Mom's basement?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
1/6/13 7:30 p.m.

You get a lot done for a 963 year old!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/7/13 1:17 p.m.
Lunatic wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: i want to retire like you!
Just spend 30 years working two jobs like I did.

:-)

I read somewhere that the best way to get rich quick is to get rich slow.

bengregg
bengregg New Reader
3/29/13 5:15 a.m.

Car driving is my passion. I love high speed driving.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gnr93nAzt7S6yrGGs8ZRBuxPrzaQ1auoemznF9Hk0vg7VndOSDDz6JNWDo8HsB6C