1 ... 3 4 5
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
11/29/16 6:04 p.m.

It has real center locks?
I'm swooning over here.
Mrs. Deuce said no but then I said I'd wear tweed and take the dog for rides and she said ok.
And I'll be close enough to to look at it in three weeks!
And I went to school in Waterloo briefly.

Should I send NOHOME a message?

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
11/29/16 6:26 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
NOHOME wrote: To Apexcarver : Alzheimers AND a post whore! That is a winning combination if I ever saw one. I did not even recall starting this thread! Wanna buy an MGB GT?
I've always wanted an MGB GT. I want to wear corduroys and a jacket with patches on the elbows and smile at young ladies in skirts while I drive through a campus of brick buildings on my way out of town and this has always seemed like the ideal car for that. The only thing keeping me from buying one was finding one.
You almost make me want to take it for a drive through The local University Campus. This one has some nice features 1890cc engine. OD gearbox Center lock alloy rims 4 link coil over rear suspension New interior New front suspension New custom leather seats Cant think of a reason why it would not make the drive to Texas. I used to commute to SD with it from London Ontario it might be the word "GT" is misplaced on this car!

How much are you asking? I much prefer the GT over the convertible.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
11/30/16 6:27 a.m.

Real center locks.

9k Canadian, so like a buck-fiddy USD

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
11/30/16 8:31 a.m.

Showed Mrs. Deuce the pictures last night and she said it was going to be too nice for me to be able to afford the car and the requisite tweed.
She also had some snarky comment about half of the cars in the driveway being inoperable in some form or another. If it's still around when I get the fleet thinned I'll send yout another message.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/30/16 8:38 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I know that discussion... except thanks to age, I have it with myself. It's kept me from buying any more cars.

2GRX7
2GRX7 New Reader
11/30/16 9:33 a.m.

Hi all! Been on the board for a minute, although new to posting. This is my "Cure for Cancer" RX-7 Turbo II. I got it back when I was diagnosed, bought tools through chemo, and learned how to fab on cars. Four years later, I'd been thinking I need to get rid of it (cause it did it's job) and start something new (3-seater, center drive position prototype for the streets!). Only problem is, people have only offered $2K for it (engine alone's worth that!), so I had decided to keep it and develop my fab skills on it.

Now, I'm in Orlando, "catering" to my 5 and seven-year-olds, and it's now become at convenient resting place. Sad! I need money and motivation.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
11/30/16 9:38 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: Real center locks. 9k Canadian, so like a buck-fiddy USD

That's a lot of car for $6700 US!

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
11/30/16 9:43 a.m.

Not really in a hurry to get rid of the GT, been around for almost 40 years, whats a few more?

If the MG is still around when the Molvo is done, and I don't fill the empty time working with other peoples cars (and budgets), then it is getting this engine modification:

GM LFX 3.6 out of a Cadillac CTS with 8 speed auto ox.

2GRX7:

Too bad the picture did not come through; you got my curiosity. We can all sympathize with the lack of interest when you go to sell your vision, but it is pretty much a given when you go into this stuff; its a hobby or therapy, so you pays the price and reap non-concrete benefits.

2GRX7
2GRX7 New Reader
11/30/16 10:39 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Yesss! Got the pics up! True, Nohome can't get it all back- I just couldn't give the car away! I'd be better off parting the car out! I'd like to get enough to, at least, start this new project!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
12/1/16 9:05 a.m.
NOT A TA wrote: 66 Mustang. Was my DD back in the early 80's, started a street/strip nitrous build in the late 80's. Built a 302, C-4, and 9" rear for it. Bought new frame rails and other sheet metal it needs along with new bumpers etc. then jumped projects to a 70 Firebird and the Mustang just sat in garage. Has had several storage places, survived two divorces, been stolen and recovered, but no work done in almost 30 years now. [URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/66%20Mustang/014.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/66%20Mustang/011.jpg.html][/URL]

Guilty as charged! Lately I've been busy replacing all the sheet metal from the floor pan back in the 67 Camaro. Off to the shop I go after this post.>>>>>

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/67%20Camaro%20RS%20SS%20Conv/20161124_172334_zpsed9hed5r.jpg.html][/URL]

coexist
coexist New Reader
3/5/17 1:01 p.m.

Hello, I've been lurking and enjoying the GRM forums for a few years. Thought this thread was the most appropriate for my introduction. First I worked at a shop in Berkeley, had about a dozen Alfas, several serious renovations, etc. Then I moved to an island, bought a 1920 house project, had a family, small business owner, and was completely away from cars for about 15 years. Drove a van.

The internet happened, and enthusiast access on our island became a little bit better. Around 2002, decided a FIAT 128 was an appropriate item for re immersion. After a couple year search, found this on Canadian Ebay, fortunately within reach, and apparently good price: 1500, 5spd, disc conversion, "pretty much together", previous enthusiast owner, etc. It was a good price, and involved taking the ferry to Victoria and driving the car back with my daughter.

As luck would have it, within a month another “desirable” 128 showed up on the Bay. I decided that If I could get it for the exact price paid for the first one (an oddball amount due to exchange rate), it was meant to be. So this 1800 mile trip happened:

but not such a good deal, and I learned about "sight unseen"

Oops...

Umm...sacrificed for the good of others:

Now back to two:

and the original:

Have an Alfa too, for another thread.

But still too busy as a small business owner, and haven’t driven the white car for a few years due to relatively minor items. I appreciate the wide ranging spectrum of interests here at GRM, thanks to all for the entertainment.

Carl

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
3/5/17 1:32 p.m.

I refuse to call it dead but the van lingers behind me in every one of my videos so far. The goal is to dust it off this spring and get it in driving condition. Which I said two years ago. And the year before that. And the year before that.....

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FJtSxSyOnT9ZnNaHyiicrKNuPFJBAUQWFBbVpe3HFJzAuXybIzhkoAjaOoUWqRBJ