1 2
Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
5/30/24 1:20 p.m.

Did some laps at Autobahn country club. Got a chance to work some setup issues out, and the car is much better.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/30/24 2:48 p.m.

Thanks for the back seat removed shot, rear upper control arm in on my short list.  I really wanted the discontinued Roush unit but will probably just upgrade to the 11-14  stock unit or Steeda if I can find an 11-14 stock upper mount.

kevinatfms
kevinatfms HalfDork
6/3/24 1:42 p.m.

Rock Auto has a 2011+ unit from Dorman that seems to have the upper mount, arm and hardware for $112 + shipping. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7851276&cc=1503807&pt=10401&jsn=486

Even looks like it comes with a new axle bushing. 

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
7/8/24 5:43 p.m.

After the last event the car needed some attention. The fuel gauge was not working properly, there was a CEL for a cam sensor, and the axle seal was leaking from the drivers side. I had a local shop do a fuel sender, alternator, (which was the cause of the CEL) and spark plugs, and the pinion bushing/upper link.

After I got the car back I started on some of the remaining items still available for me to do to this car. Here are the smallest legal mufflers I could find. 10 lbs total, and the stock mufflers were 32lbs. Gonna be loud!

Hard to tell from the pic, but there is grease pretty much everywhere.

Diff cover off, and draining the old fluid for the carbon fiber clutch discs.

Old junk out. Doing bearings as well, since it's not really any more work.

This little bolt is what holds the big pin inside the diff. I came very close to having a huge amount of work because of this. Fortunately I was able to remove the bottom part easily.

Part of this rear end service is new brake calipers, and stainless lines in the rear.

Not going to be shiny for long.

The black widow "angry housewife" mufflers. I had them done at a local shop. The car sounds so much better now.

Also done during this process was the hitch, since the exhaust needs to be removed to facilitate install. I have a build thread for the trailer I am building to be pulled by this car.

One interesting thing to note. The car had carbon fiber diff clutches already installed. They weren't totally worn, but I hope this fixes the intermittent one wheel peeling. It was an issue on the autox course for sure.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/8/24 6:40 p.m.

Carbon clutches are stock on these, careful sway bar adjustments or a torsen can stop the one wheel peel on corner exit.

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
7/8/24 8:35 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

The new clutches and shims are as tight as they can be. With setup on this car being spec, it pretty much is what it is.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fjrSt1FwwMlwVro4hbDnvpatWlngjnPQA4iZjXjbcIjBxS7O4ixcsPNszWwdr1fN