brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/8/23 7:22 p.m.

I wanted a cheap track pig. Problem: I am a large human. Every Miata I've auditioned has been difficult at best. The NC Miata, however, at least allows me to fit. More or less.

I bought a 2006 Miata for roughly the same amount as two sets of very good tires for my Z06/Z07. 

So now what? Tires and suspension, I guess. Probably a 2.5L swap, given how easy the GRM staff made it look a few years ago. 

Track time. Plenty of track time. I imagine this car will spend the rest of its life primarily as a track car, and that is okay. 

In addition to my work vehicles and my Corvette and my motorcycles and my Jeep, now I have a Miata too. This, friends, is a sickness. 

xflowgolf (Forum Supporter)
xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/8/23 7:54 p.m.

Looks fun 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/23 8:42 p.m.

I'm a fan of the NC, although I have only owned NBs. I would love to have one for a track car. 

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/8/23 8:57 p.m.

Suspension, brake pads, roll bar , maintenance and send it :)

jfryjfry
jfryjfry UltraDork
11/8/23 9:14 p.m.

That's a great-looking garage!   I don't see many kids' toys though.... haha

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
11/9/23 7:27 a.m.

would you believe a spec NC miata class is a thing now lol

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
11/9/23 8:24 a.m.

My next Miata that I intentionally buy will be an NC.  Mazda around that timeframe made some awesome cars. 

brandonsmash
11/9/23 8:43 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

No kids' toys. The shop out back is even bigger and betterer; that's where I do my fun fabrication stuff. My wife and I have cats and sometimes chickens, but no small creatures with thumbs! 

brandonsmash
11/9/23 8:44 a.m.

I know that spec NC is now a thing. While I don't intend on doing W2W, a spec series could mean that there's an emergence of good, used (non-spec) parts on the market. I'll be keeping an eye out: The objective for this is to have a fun, low-buck track (and occasionally street) car! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gzKIRaRM6w8pJsWrJJM4IvKLatpZNeGdHOma79Y08lUnVxUFaFJHTxuTJvfbKFuW