1 2 3
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
10/11/16 5:29 p.m.
mndsm wrote: So, all these stories of people rolling these things, yet not a one of you is dead. Were they really that bad? (I was a city kid, we had mini bikes).

Yup, they're almost as easy to ride on two wheels (one back wheel and the front). Last wipe out was up a steep hill in the dead of winter. Got to the top and it wheelied me off the back and there I was flat on my back in an icy puddle. Also rolled it down a sand dune because the front tire sank in and ripped the bars out of my hands.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
10/20/16 2:24 p.m.

so i have been looking into getting reverse working on the trike. I dont have the correct left and lever for the reverse cable. But after doing some research it looks like the reverse cable was more of a safety switch of sorts. If you pull the reverse arm and tie it in the 'pulled' position then you can get to reverse at any time from neutral.

some people on the trike forums say its a bad idea cuz what if you throw it in reverse while moving forward? Well the shift pattern is 1 down from neutral for reverse and 5 up from neutral for forward gears. and being an auto-clutch (or whatever honda calls it) i have never put it into neutral while moving, when coming to a stop i always just keep it in 1st or 2nd. So im not to worried about accidently engaging reverse while moving forward since you have to go past neutral to get to it.

i just got back from a work trip so if i can find some time this weekend ill tie it up and see if reverse even works

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
10/26/16 2:52 p.m.

well after several trial's and error's of how to get the reverse lever tied up i found a combonation of baling wire and a fat zip tie to get good tension on it as the return spring for the reverse lever is really tight.

Reverse now works flawlessly, and even the reverse light works! So far the plan is to make a trip out to the Badlands on November 6th to try to get in at least one more offroad trip before it gets to cold

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
10/31/16 3:48 p.m.

got the flag mount put on this weekend, ended up having a piece of scrap steel that already had the perfect bend in to mount the flag vertical from the rear bar, cant beat that

this picture makes it look like the flag is angled back, but its pretty much vertical  photo D935E18E-96E7-45CA-B560-C87F6BEB1630.jpg

photo A2DFC415-DF1E-48A2-B2D2-DEC55901380B_1.png

And the kid couldnt help but sneak into a picture  photo 26C99AE2-685C-47D5-9123-B34640853D85.jpg

Really all i have left to do is re-wrap the seat with some new vinyl and just keep enjoying it!

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
11/8/16 2:16 p.m.

We made it out to the Badlands this last sunday, in my opinion it was much better then Haspin were we had previously gone. They had a good combination of open dunes, woods trails, rocky area's, and hill climbs. It was a lot of fun. We were thinking this would be our last trip for the year but we are going to see how the weather is once december comes and maybe try for one more time.

again the 3 wheeler performed pretty much flawlessly, only thing i found on this trip is that the oil filter cover (which had been leaking a little) had started to leak more, nothing bad but probably time to replace the o-rings since i didnt do that when i replaced the filter.

I managed to only roll the 3 wheeler twice, both times it was pretty slow and no injuries came from it.

loaded up and ready to go  photo 6347D278-806D-4958-ABD9-E6E7E0C7855C.jpg

out in the woods, the mud here was 100x better then the sticky clay that is out at Haspin  photo 6230F2B6-4767-4F69-9C5A-AF2227FEE77A.jpg

here is one of the sections of dunes, there were a few big openings of dunes to rip around on  photo B91D6027-D773-4412-A377-FC25AC3EBDDD.jpg

currently on the look out for a honda 300ex rear shock, it's pretty much a direct bolt in replacement with better valving and spring rate.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3W6Or01ZDEkcoaOWJ989XXaRQBpoW2oGf2ll9OSbebXIVwEpQ4YMGrqPi4TkJTQ8