Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
8/8/12 2:31 p.m.

Well, this chapter of my Camaro's evolution is entering the Happy Phase. That's the part after construction, and de-bugging. It's the part where the car actually starts with each turn of the key. It's the part where the credit card gets a rest while the 275 Nitto NT-05's scream for mercy.

The latest entry over in the official staff project car section asks more questions than it answers regarding viable breather solutions for a street / track day car. The page can be found here:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/1968-chevrolet-camaro/track-day-breather-options/

Please let us know your opinions on track day breathers. I think a lot of street cars suffer breather problems on track and the answers are different for multi-purpose cars as opposed to dedicated race cars.

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
8/8/12 2:33 p.m.

Throttle response with the new combination is nuts!

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
8/9/12 4:55 p.m.

I saw your car over on Hooniverse.com.

Link to article

F1jim64
F1jim64 New Reader
11/8/12 7:56 p.m.

Any chance of web-posting the ORIGINAL build articles on this car? I'd really like to read about the front and rear suspension set-ups. Some of us can't write $12K checks to Detroit Speed & Engineering for suspension packages - so I'd like to see how you adapted that those C4 suspension arms/spindles - and what you did to improve/replace the front sub-frame.

THANKS

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
11/9/12 1:08 p.m.

I think breathers and PCV systems in general are an order of magnitude more important on forced-induction cars. I think the setup on your N/A Camaro is perfectly adequate and may even be overkill.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SKhhc0WurDcBWKkOYxSKIlenBpK1jUNbZEHY32MoDKDhmHDBHxOUyPO9AfuiW4w2