mjlogan
mjlogan New Reader
1/28/22 12:27 p.m.

Info/pics in my build thread here:  https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1962-ford-falcon-ranchero-duratec-25-econoboost/186285/page1/

Lots of rust in the roof/drip rails/A pillars.  If you read through the thread there is full transparency on condition and build quality.

I've got it listed on CL for $7500, but am definitely open to offers.  Would also trade for a 12-20' enclosed trailer.

Moving out of state and won't be able to take it with me.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/22 1:10 p.m.

Dang!!! Located in California right?

mjlogan
mjlogan New Reader
1/28/22 1:15 p.m.

Yes Ontario, California

Less than 10 mi from an airport.  It is up for an adventure if you are

golfduke
golfduke Dork
1/28/22 1:16 p.m.

one of my favorite builds on this forum, good luck with your move and the sale!!! 

mjlogan
mjlogan New Reader
1/28/22 1:20 p.m.
golfduke said:

one of my favorite builds on this forum, good luck with your move and the sale!!! 

Thank you.  Kills me to get rid of it, but life happens 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/28/22 2:20 p.m.

It would be quite the adventure!

Google maps says the shortest way is a 29 hr drive over 1980 miles. Approximately 33% on 15, 33% on 70, 33% on 80, and 1% on any other road. Hahaha.

There's always route66...

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
1/28/22 4:22 p.m.

Very cool. Just a shame that Ontario Canada is closer to me than Ontario, CA. Over 30 hrs for me.

mjlogan
mjlogan New Reader
1/29/22 12:27 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Google maps says the shortest way is a 29 hr drive over 1980 miles. Approximately 33% on 15, 33% on 70, 33% on 80, and 1% on any other road. Hahaha.

If you're serious I will load you up with a bag of HF tools and a pile of spare parts and fluids. Maybe even a laptop.

I've already had to turn a few guys down telling them this is not the car for you. "Can you make it quieter?" "Why didn't you put a 289 in it" "I think my mechanic can work on it" nope sorry buddy I cannot in good conscience take your money

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/29/22 5:05 p.m.

So cool, and so catastrophically far away.   Someone on here needs this!

MJLogan, can you give a quick rundown of the car for those with too much ADD to glean from the build thread.   HP, transmission, diff, AC?, cruise??   How reliable and sorted is the car at this point, what does it still need?

mjlogan
mjlogan New Reader
1/29/22 5:37 p.m.

I haven't turned a wrench on it in 2000 mi. I woul feel comfortable on a 1000 mi trip in it, but mainly because I know every inch of the car. Cruises 80mph effortlessly 

Has zero of those creature comforts. No ac, no cruise. Manual steering and brakes

If I had to guess maybe 250 hp. Ford ranger M5OD trans. Narrowed explorer 8.8 rearend 3.27 gear.

what it needs depends on what you expect of it. I happily drive it every day as is. The drivetrain is pretty solid. The rest of it is a 50 year old car, rattles wind noise etc 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/29/22 11:55 p.m.
mjlogan said:
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

If you're serious I will load you up with a bag of HF tools and a pile of spare parts and fluids. Maybe even a laptop.

I've already had to turn a few guys down telling them this is not the car for you. "Can you make it quieter?" "Why didn't you put a 289 in it" "I think my mechanic can work on it" nope sorry buddy I cannot in good conscience take your money

I wish I could be serious about it. A guy can dream.

I do understand the "potential buyers" who are never going to be able to handle it. And that does suck.

mjlogan
mjlogan New Reader
1/31/22 1:58 p.m.

Took a couple pics of rust and engine bay for people asking.  I will seriously discount this thing to someone that "gets it"  I am getting tired of turning people away

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
1/31/22 3:06 p.m.
mjlogan said:

.....  I will seriously discount this thing to someone that "gets it"  ......

Robbie, are you listening?  Is this the incentive you needed?  Come on, Do it !

Hcetretsam
Hcetretsam
10/24/22 10:59 a.m.

Still have this gem? Dm me if so. I've got a few ecoboost/duratec projects and I "get it". 

mjlogan
mjlogan Reader
10/25/22 10:27 a.m.
Hcetretsam said:

Still have this gem? Dm me if so. I've got a few ecoboost/duratec projects and I "get it". 

Sold it before the move, sorry.  Really wish I had figured out a way to keep it.  

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/25/22 12:51 p.m.

Read your build. You did a great job on the car.

mjlogan
mjlogan Reader
10/26/22 11:45 a.m.
clownkiller said:

Read your build. You did a great job on the car.

Thank you!  I really want to do a V2.0 after I put my life back together.  Was such a fun project, and tons of potential with those engines

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bOzhCzlmZQjZvTvmlgNO46LOwy12cxXEDdaxcuW6K3O82ULBmkidCqKzSniKbGOS