RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
7/13/21 9:55 a.m.

Sadly, the Saab is looking like it needs to be retired for good. In preparation for getting the fuel system taken care of, I had a mechanic friend look it over for me. He found major rust saying "No one should drive this car. Ever". In fact the subframe has separated from the body leaving about a 2-3 inch gap. It also doesn't not run. Anyway, I have neither the skills, tools, nor time to address, but I think it would be a good parts car for someone. Engine and trans are good and I'll will throw in the new Bosch fuel pump. If you're in the Baltimore area and feel like welding up an old Saab, want parts for a manual swap, or want a nice lawn ornament, this is for you.  I have it listed on the book of faces for $600, but will give a GRM friendly price of $300. If you have challenge aspirations, you can have it for $100. I'd also entertain trades for a <49cc scooter. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/224992252818252

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
7/13/21 11:52 a.m.

Sold

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/21 5:31 p.m.

Glad you found a home for it. I would have loved it as an engine donor for my 99 but alas, it was not meant to be.

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
7/13/21 7:23 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Interestingly, that’s what the guy who picked it up said he was doing 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
7/15/21 3:48 p.m.

I have a 49cc moped I'll sell you.  I'm in New Hampshire but drive south to go home

Fantic Pepi, true moped with pedals, $300

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
7/16/21 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

I love it! Pm sent

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J4Xv3Db0AkgawnlX5RXRPyDTaQKtYQkFbZUigSWEwAnxLM12n2xTIWrBv5Wp4GLu