1 2
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
12/11/20 8:36 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

No I still love it just didn't survive the think about how many projects you have. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/20 8:51 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

No I still love it just didn't survive the think about how many projects you have. 

Who, me? I've got 7 cars, 4 run and drive, 4 are current projects (not the same 4), one is leaving in the next two weeks, and I'm probably acquiring a truck this weekend. After the one leaves and the new one comes I'll be at 7 cars, 5 run and drive, 4 projects. Too many? probably. But manageable. 

I just cant stop thinking about how relatively easy it would be to make this:

Look like this: 

Seriously those flares are as simple as: cut the fender along the fold line, add horizontal metal, done. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
12/11/20 8:56 a.m.

Or possibly even easier is to get some vette wheels and go for this look:

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/11/20 8:56 a.m.

Dooooooo itttttt!!!!!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/11/20 9:57 a.m.

I'm in to see who takes this home.  Looks sweet!

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/11/20 10:45 a.m.

Paging Bluej on this one... 

This is a screamer of a deal, relevant to his interests/skills, and semi-local. 

RevolverRob
RevolverRob New Reader
12/19/20 8:46 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie (FS) said:

Who, me? I've got 7 cars, 4 run and drive, 4 are current projects (not the same 4), one is leaving in the next two weeks, and I'm probably acquiring a truck this weekend. After the one leaves and the new one comes I'll be at 7 cars, 5 run and drive, 4 projects. Too many? probably. But manageable. 

I just cant stop thinking about how relatively easy it would be to make this:

Look like this: 

Seriously those flares are as simple as: cut the fender along the fold line, add horizontal metal, done. 

Do it. 

Because you're not far away from me. So when it's done, I can buy an LS-powered 635 CSL 'clone' to drive around. surprise

Chbright
Chbright
1/6/21 12:27 p.m.

I'm just down the road in VA, we need to make a deal. hate to see this parted out. too much potential in a challange car.

dlmater
dlmater GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/6/21 2:22 p.m.
Chbright said:

I'm just down the road in VA, we need to make a deal. hate to see this parted out. too much potential in a challange car.

PM me if you would like to come take a look.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/6/21 4:28 p.m.

Guess what just hit the cover of classic motorsports? I really think this could make an impact as a challenge car. 

dlmater
dlmater GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/26/23 8:49 a.m.

Update:  Never sold.  I have kept it in hopes of having time to make the challenge again at some point.  We are selling our house, and it now has to find a new home in the next few weeks.  Time to pass it along.

Motor and trans have been removed and were sold separately.  Thus, it is a rolling, bare chassis (no interior, side glass, regulators, etc.) and still have most other pieces as mentioned above.  Please see the original post for more information.  In addition, picture of the dash below.  No title.

I have recovered all my money spent and more on this project.  In an effort to move it, I'm offering it FREE, FREE, FREE.  However, please don't "claim" it if you cannot pick it up in the next two weeks or so.  It is located in Montpelier, VA, just a little north of Richmond.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
7/26/23 9:50 a.m.

So many free cars lately

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/26/23 10:40 a.m.

Paging Stampie.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/26/23 11:32 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Need me to pick it up for you?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/26/23 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Nope, I'm on a diet.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
7/26/23 2:06 p.m.

The front lip alone worth good money. 

For a brief second I owned one of the lowest mileage e24 M6s in the US (had 17k miles). When it was being transported the front lip got torn off. They don't make a reproduction, I believe the price from Germany was $2,000.

I thought I was clever and sold it on Bring a Trustfund for 24k before the bubble hit on those cars. Idiot. 

No doubt someone is going to make a Rad creation with this 

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
7/26/23 2:52 p.m.

Hey my dad has a good running 97 540i 6 with a caved in roof. I'm only 7 hrs away. Maybe would be a good class a lemons car. Did not need to see this.....

motobill
motobill New Reader
7/28/23 12:58 a.m.
MrStickShift said:

Hey my dad has a good running 97 540i 6 with a caved in roof. I'm only 7 hrs away. Maybe would be a good class a lemons car. Did not need to see this.....

Our M54B30-swapped E24 is in class B in Lemons. This car would probably go in B as well, as long as it didn't get another LS swap. The M54 is not an easy, bolt-on swap, but the hard work seems like it's been done with your firewall and trans tunnel mods. We had to modify the trans tunnel and the firewall to get the M54 in. Car hauls bananas now. Under 2500 lbs and about 220hp. Lemons judges don;t mind 6-Series and 7-Series cars. They don;t like seeing 3's and 5's. It would make a great Lemons car. Pop the M62 and 6-speed in there, and I bet you'd be in B. BMW V8s do not have a proven track record in Lemons.

--bb

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
7/28/23 10:55 a.m.

I'm in the "art car" camp.  These will eventually be too expensive to make into racecars, but it seems like they sold enough 6-series in places w/out rust that they're still fairly easy to find at reasonable prices at the moment.

1983 BMW 6 Series Art Car With Intricately Designed Livery ...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pp88JJsDUn6aJOKtrVdUAKx3dhS3dEIeZ5kim8I90swxybXHBpvWspvgdBUZkST1