KevinLG
KevinLG New Reader
7/29/21 9:06 a.m.

Hi guys, up for sale is what was my autocross/track car for the last 2.5 seasons or so. I purchased it as a full-tilt STS car, and made some small tweaks and refinements, but mostly ran it as is, with a fair bit of success considering my not stellar driving abilities. Was fairly active in the Metro Detroit/Northwestern Ohio area.

Anyway earlier this summer I attended the SCCA Time Trials Nationals at NCM Motorsports park. Unfortunately on day 1 (practice day...womp womp) I had an off which resulted in a mild wall hit in 1B. The damage was actually largely superficial, although one would definitely need a bumper cover, and would likely need a new hood/front fenders to fully address it. The car still drove straight, so I continued competing in it.

Unfortunately after day 2, the car started developing some handling issues. After some further analysis, I found that the rear frame rail had started to crack and come apart. The car had some signs of frame repair from a prior rear end accident which likely occurred 20-30 years ago, and only just now had issues from a not-perfect repair started to manifest.

Anyway, while I love this car and I'll miss it dearly, I don't have any interest in competing in a car with a compromised chassis. I already bring enough variables to the table to blame (bad driving, bad setup choices, etc) that this just isn't something I want to add to the list. However, I do feel that a capable fabricator/body guy could easily address the issues.

In the Imgur link are photos that I took shortly after getting the car home, and one of the frame cracks that I took on site. We actually were able to weld it back together to make it the remainder of the event (after a quick toe adjustment), so picture the same thing but with lots of bubblegum added to it. (Did as good of a job as we could, given the circumstances).

https://imgur.com/a/xURMDq3

I've also started to part the car out, most of the suspension/chassis components have been swapped onto my 1989 Civic Si which is now my primary competition car. I do plan on retaining the engine/transmission since the parts required for an STS legal rebuild are NLA, so they're worth more to me than a standard D16 should be worth to almost anyone else. So for the price above, the car would be:

-No Engine/transmission

-No fancy suspension (would come on stock shocks, no sway bars, mostly stock control arms)

-No seats/steering wheel

-No ECU

-No header/exhaust

-No wheels/tires

I'm located in Metro Detroit, right around West Bloomfield/Waterford. Currently the car still has its powertrain, and some other things. Discounts available if you want to help!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZWCDx1ZCOfFa8jabzs42wKPQxT5Dqqg4vKnXWjisYBPuCAwIyIfjDZisHFf9KKm2