iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/21 2:11 p.m.

So a buddy is selling his older Audi. It's a car I worked a bit on over the last few years. Engine swap, new cylinder head, newer turbo, built an intercooler, made some coil overs, threw some big wheels on it and had fun. It's in pretty good shape other than the rear quarter/door section. He clay bar'd and waxed it this summer and hot damn did that paint feel smooth! It's a ridiculously fun car that I would totally take back if I didn't already have a b5 s4 avant. He's asking 4k but I know that's highly negotiable. He has a few older cars and just needed to get something reliable and his wife is making him sell this since they don't have any more driveway space.

https://www.motorgeek.com/threads/1990-audi-90-for-sale.219712/#post-1209691

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/21 3:09 p.m.

Fuuuuu 

I don't need another project car or Audi, but hoo boy is this one tempting...

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
12/3/21 6:06 p.m.

This is the one we've been talking about in the 80q swap thread?  Looks great?  Has AC?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/21 7:04 p.m.

Wow that's tempting even with the diagonal cross country trip.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/21 7:06 p.m.

Once again I  am offering my driveway for storage if someone wants this and can't get it right away. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/21 9:58 p.m.

This probably isn't the low-maintenance AWD winter car I'm looking for, is it?

porschenut
porschenut Reader
12/4/21 9:56 a.m.

Bought an incomplete 90Q swap 15 years ago, did the 034 EFI and other stuff.  Tuning these is frustrating but not hard.  No self learn, and if it is firing from the dizzy ignition tuning is very limited. You can probably get 300HP and the drivetrain is so stout it will take crazy abuse.  GLWS, not going down that rabbit hole again.

iansane
12/4/21 7:43 p.m.
docwyte said:

This is the one we've been talking about in the 80q swap thread?  Looks great?  Has AC?

This is that car, yes. No a/c though. Yanked when the previous owner did the swap. Not a lot of room with the intercooler to toss a condenser on there but making a/c fit would be a fun project to tackle.

iansane
12/4/21 7:45 p.m.
P3PPY said:

This probably isn't the low-maintenance AWD winter car I'm looking for, is it?

I'm probably the last person to ask that. My 3 main daily drivers are a a b5 s4, 37 year old BMW and a supercharged jag so most anything is "reliable" to me.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/6/21 1:23 p.m.
Stampie said:

Wow that's tempting even with the diagonal cross country trip.

The lack of AC shouldn't be an issue on a x-country trip this time of year. The lack of defrost is probably an issue, but I'd assume the seller could help with a fix.

The snow tires should also be a big help getting through any significant weather events.  

If this were closer to FL I'd probably go for it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OybSYgGKD1ifhhmXEfe0oIj8Bp6ChwJgWIqYAG07VXWIV5Q04KXq6kR9j8ZMeFH0