Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/24 10:56 a.m.

A bit of a long shot here.

I'm selling the Legacy Wagon in this thread, mainly because I got a better car for free. For GRM folks, I'll take $350. The package includes the car, a spare auto transmission, LSD differential, ECM, TCU, wheels, wiring harness etc. out of a 1999 Legacy GT. It can also include a EJ20 engine of unknown provenance and history. If you want the car or parts, I'm willing to write receipts for components budget purposes.

Oh, and a set of squeezed but never heat cycled Cometic frankenmotor gaskets for running 2.2 heads on a 2.5 block.

Clean title, rust free by Southern standards, missing an engine. 

In the meantime, I'm looking for something I can use those parts in or an engine block I can use to fix this. 

5/10/24 3:49 p.m.

I found out that I can get about $300 from the scrapper for this, and might just go that route.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
5/10/24 8:49 p.m.

Yikes, I hope someone jumps on this.  It seems like a really solid base to start from.

taborbraian
taborbraian New Reader
5/11/24 7:30 a.m.

I don't know much about Subarus but I have a 16 month old and a baby on the way. This thing would be cool to build. Is it possible to put a WRX drivetrain on it fairly easily? For example, buying a copart WRX?

5/12/24 1:03 a.m.

In reply to taborbraian :

It's possible with enough time/skill/money.

Easy mode would be to swap in a 2.5 from the 90s/early 2000s.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JhT6OW6sWiDPoMWJ48W74Zrpg4rQMumOe5SiTyv9yDuE53fJ2L1KsSQ0MvZaOa6V