dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/22/24 5:44 p.m.

Sold, pending pickup. 

My neighbor is looking to get rid of his Pathfinder.

Power steering pump went and his mechanics quote was 900-1800 if more stuff was needed. He was over today to borrow my jump pack and tire inflator.

It fired up and he took it for quick drive around town. Probably about a 5 mile loop. 

When he returned my stuff I mentioned a little about the forum and asked if I could post some info about it to see if there was any interest. 

I only learned today that it is a manual transmission. Seeing as I was eying the X5 recently posted I almost jumped but really have to clean up some stuff myself and not looking for something that needs some attention right away. 

He said he was hoping for a little over $1000 for it. About 150k miles, fairly clean but not perfect. If there is some interest I'll get some more details and try to get some pictures too. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/22/24 6:39 p.m.

Do you know what year it is? The 2000 had the single over head cam vg3.3. Fine motor but lacking a ton of power compared to the vq 3.5 dohc. 

the manual trans 4x4 vq pathfinders are rare and really awesome.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/22/24 9:37 p.m.

I want to say he said it was a 2004, but I'll try to catch him this week and verify. 

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
9/24/24 7:46 p.m.

Did i miss the location? I was also eyeing up that x5(I'm the former owner) and would love to replace my TC with something more adventure ready as a second car.

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
9/24/24 7:47 p.m.

Oh, important question, is it rusty?

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/24 8:06 p.m.

Western CT. I've only really seen it from across the street, but certainly doesn't look too bad. I'll see if he around tomorrow and get some more details. 

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
9/24/24 8:22 p.m.

A fly and drive to CT sounds lke a pita but Id think about it. ha

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
9/27/24 8:32 p.m.

PM sent

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/24 1:25 p.m.

In reply to MrStickShift :

Sent you some pictures just now and his contact information 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/24 1:48 p.m.

It's a 2002. 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/24 1:50 p.m.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/28/24 2:15 p.m.

Dood! That thing is a unicorn! Ive been dreaming of finding a manual trans 4x4 Vq pathfinder that i can harvest the trans from. I have a 2003 4x4 pathfinder with an automatic. Its fine but i still want the manual. 

someone please buy this thing and keep it alive!

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
9/28/24 3:59 p.m.

Hey can you send it again, I didn't get your email 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/24 4:04 p.m.

Well it is right across the street from me and I almost considered a fly and drive for that manual X5, so it has tempted me too. But I have enough projects to work on already. If I buy anything else it should really be a clean daily like my 2011 Touareg was (it got totaled in May.)

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
9/28/24 4:40 p.m.

Nevermind, found the email! Going to look at it tomorrow!!

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/24 5:11 p.m.

In reply to MrStickShift :

Awesome! I'll probably be around most of the day tomorrow as well so I might see you. If you are coming with a trailer there's an easy place to park it. 

As you drive up the street you'll be heading for a white house and the road curves to the left. His house is on the left just before the curve, driveway directly across from the two mailboxes. 25 feet up is my driveway on the right. Just past that there's space to pull off on the right before the corner. It's also an easy place to turn around. 

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/24 5:18 p.m.

These are awesome, I came really close to buying this exact config new in 2003.  The 5spd and VQ was a sweet combination!

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/24 12:50 p.m.

Well that went quick. Sold to MrStickShift. Pending a pickup sometime this week. 

One less manual transmission car for me to be tempted to buy. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/30/24 6:38 a.m.

Going to need a build thread for this.

I did not know that these existed, also did not know they had a VQ in them, ever.

Off to research VQ powered Nissan trucks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y7LheqNBQqOkXnbpuSW9fecl1Uf2XCmhdPhcNk8CiHD6vJrvpSyMdTUhKCNc6D3A