Selling Kid #1's first car.  Actually, Kid #1 is selling it, and I'm helping.  He found some ice about a month ago. He's fine, the car isn't.

2002 Civic LX Sedan, 5 speed (!), 132K  Green / Tan

Significant damage to front end. See pictures. Despite this, he drove it home, and said it drove fine.

Also, damaged right rear quarter, and it had been repaired before we bought it, too.

Interior is dirty (I told him to clean it...) but quite nice under the dirt.

This had been a perfectly fine running and driving car before the ice incident. It still runs, drives, and stops OK if not better.  In fact, the front brakes are new, which I'm sure adds a lot of value. It is completely stock. Tags and insurance are current, even though the tags are not shown in the pictures. I wouldn't be surprised if to learn that it is one junkyard trip away from being back on the road, but we don't feel like messing with it.

Clean, clear title in my name.

$1500.  Come talk to us in person, please.  Located in 21136.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/22 9:15 p.m.

What's up with the PS front floor appearing to be wet?

I think it's a stain, but I'll check. Tomorrow, when there's light again.

OHSCrifle said:

What's up with the PS front floor appearing to be wet?

Floor mat and floor are dry as a bone:

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/4/22 9:58 p.m.

that'll buff right out!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
4/5/22 7:06 a.m.

Maybe someone on one of the endurance racing series forums could use it for parts.  I know the market is crazy right now, but I honestly think you've got it priced too high.  There's some significant damage there, on the front and the right rear.  I'd suggest trying to market it as a parts car for someone. 

tastyguac
tastyguac New Reader
4/5/22 9:26 a.m.

I don't think its priced high. I think you are underestimating the number of people who would love to have something basic and reliable. I think the floor of what a running and driving car is worth is high enough that this would be worth it to many people. $500 or so in junkyard parts would have you a running and driving low mileage (for the age) Civic for $2000. Leave the rear end damage alone, toss on whatever color parts you find at the junkyard, and I bet its good for another 100k. Fix the rest / paint whenever it becomes convenient. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/5/22 1:06 p.m.
tastyguac said:
Leave the rear end damage alone, toss on whatever color parts you find at the junkyard, and I bet its good for another 100k. 

The basic recipe for Pizza Deliver Car. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
4/7/22 7:50 a.m.

We pulled a Civic out of a field and sold it for $500 in a matter of hours.

It had been sitting for three years, ran rough, and was a rusty nightmare.

I think your price is fine.

Miljack
Miljack New Reader
4/7/22 11:39 a.m.

I'm interested, don't have PM rights yet, could you email me?

M i L j a c k five 0 two a t G m a i l

thanks,

kevinatfms
kevinatfms HalfDork
4/7/22 12:31 p.m.

This would be an epic Champ Car.....and you are local.....hmmmmmm.

In reply to Miljack :

Foar Juan Zed Tree 7 Won Too 5 Tree Sevin

Note that I'm oldish and am not surgically attached to my phone.  I will respond within a few hours or the next morning if the message comes in after 9:30.

But really, you should contact my kid, since it's his car.   six 6 sevin too zed six zilch 7 juan nine

In reply to kevinatfms :

It could be yours this weekend!  See contact info in post above.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/7/22 8:20 p.m.

I would fix the front bumper with a couple of rolls of duct tape and drive that to work every day. 

I have driven worse. laugh

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/8/22 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Uncle David (Forum Supporter) :

Sweeten the deal...

Does the Honda come with a free chain saw too?

Yes! 

Anyone who buys my kid's wrecked Civic will receive a never used (because it won't start) chainsaw ABSOLUTELY FREE.  Such a deal!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/22 9:33 a.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Maybe someone on one of the endurance racing series forums could use it for parts.  I know the market is crazy right now, but I honestly think you've got it priced too high.  There's some significant damage there, on the front and the right rear.  I'd suggest trying to market it as a parts car for someone. 

An endurance racer could straighten the front with a tow strap and a truck and put it together well enough to be a passably decent driver again.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
4/10/22 3:03 a.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

I would spring for a bumper cover, and cheap aftermarket headlights (if they still exist) and roll on!

I agree it's a fair price... just a long way away from me. And SHMBO doesn't really want to insure another car. She ain't wrong - I'm supposed to be ridin' the bike to work by now!

SOLD

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/17/22 4:37 p.m.

Congrats.

Did the chain saw go too? 

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
4/22/22 8:28 p.m.

I had a 97 Civic DX 2 door that PHYSICALLY looked a bit better than this, and like this car it still ran pretty good, but it had more than TWICE the miles on it.  Mine had working A/C and a pretty good C/D system and 7 years ago it sold for about what is being asked here.

So OVERPRICED?  In today's market I would say no. You might have priced it a few hundred dollars more, and taken nothing less than $1,500....assuming the 132,000 miles is legit and it has working A/C.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WOEimxEs7IH5w7X4R8SyL1xQr50ges0BhVR78Sl73Q4UgtitWNF7ysYODbWo2YWd