1 2
whiskey_business
whiskey_business GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/24 10:56 a.m.

All the tow vehicle you could ever need, and then some!

High-level specs: International 4300 Class 7 Truck, 33,000lb GVWR/63,000lb GCWR. Weighs around 10,000lb empty

Cab-to-axle measurement: 99"

Pre-Emissions DT466E 7.6L Turbodiesel Straight 6 Engine with 6 Speed Eaton Fuller Trans. ~300hp/900ft-lb output.

ABS air brakes on all 4 corners. 

Has Extreme Duty bumper pull hitch as well as in-bed gooseneck hitch, both installed by me within the last 2 years.

Flat bed sourced from an older Jerr-Dan rollback truck, bolted straight to frame rails. (No hydraulics, roll-back hardware not present)

New rubber, 4 drive/2 steer and 1 all position spare, in 2023. Low profile 22.5in Tires.

This thing is just broken in at ~330K miles, and has the engine every business looks for when searching for a medium-duty truck. I've used it to tow and haul heavy things since I purchased it in 2022, and it will do far more than I ever asked it to do. If you need to pull all the trailer, move heavy equipment, or just want to have the coolest tow rig around, shoot me a DM or text. Asking $8000, I have well more than that in receipts from upgrades and quality-of-life improvements over the last 2 years. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/13/24 11:04 a.m.

Some may recall, I had the tarted up conversion package on a MD truck, and miss it, most every day!

To any that don't allready know, that is truly the best engine for a MD truck made, and in the very best year range. 
They are also asking a VERY good price laugh

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/24 2:47 p.m.

And it looks cool going up the road with an enclosed race car trailer on the bumper hitch.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/24 2:51 p.m.

I have absolutely no use for that. 

I want it. 

I'm not going to buy it. 

GLWS

Edit: We have a dump truck with the DT466. It is a beast. I love that engine almost as much as I love the ISL400 in the EndOver. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/24 12:08 a.m.

I have even less use for it, and still want it, if only to assert dominance at the office parking lot. Although a 6V53T would class the joint up even further...

Hey, wait a minute. Is this the truck in any way connected to all those mystery turbos? Is the buyer going to look under the seat and find two or three turbochargers in weathered cardboard boxes with faded paperwork of indeterminate origin?

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
8/14/24 6:18 a.m.

I'll just add that when I was driving one of these the best and most info came from the school bus people.  After 20 years of service it needed front tires, shocks, and injector seals.

I don't remember what mine was plated for but it had dual axles and a nine speed.  A short run with 55'000 lbs of dies on it was too much but it did it.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/14/24 7:48 a.m.

I'm glad I have no money....

MArmStrong
MArmStrong New Reader
8/14/24 12:46 p.m.

Against my better judgment... Message sent.

whiskey_business
8/14/24 1:01 p.m.

In reply to MArmStrong :

I responded, thanks for the interest! Let me know if you need anything else!

whiskey_business
8/15/24 8:21 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Unrelated to the turbos! Great memory though, that was indeed me!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/15/24 3:03 p.m.

There were A LOT of turbos!   

MArmStrong
MArmStrong New Reader
8/21/24 2:12 p.m.

Bump for whiskey who was super helpful and got me all the info I needed. It sounds like a great truck but my dad isn't serious enough yet to pull the trigger.

Someone buy this thing!

accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
8/21/24 8:10 p.m.

So like, theoretically - does it take an extra license endorsement because of the airbrakes and GRVW?

whiskey_business
8/21/24 9:43 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

So like, theoretically, I have completely legal non-commercial plates and insurance through one of the huge national insurance companies. I have no CDL or special licensing, because it is for private use only and I don't make a dime driving this thing. Your mileage may vary depending on state, but I talked to the SoS, state patrol etc. And in Michigan you are 100% legal to drive on a standard license and plates. I can give more info to anyone interested in buying it.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/22/24 7:26 p.m.

I would really love to pick this up for my business but transportation from MI to AZ would be problematic! 

whiskey_business
8/30/24 11:03 a.m.

Bump, price drop to $7000.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/30/24 11:51 a.m.

I swear that whenever I see this subject line, I first think it’s spam.

Free bump for you. :) 

whiskey_business
8/30/24 1:22 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Thanks for the bump! I promise, there is no canned meat here.

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
8/30/24 3:30 p.m.

This truck is HAWT! No reason I'd need anything like it, but doesn't stop me from wanting!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/30/24 10:37 p.m.
brandonsmash said:

I would really love to pick this up for my business but transportation from MI to AZ would be problematic! 

That, is absolutely begging ​​​​​​ for a fly and drive!

brandonsmash
8/30/24 10:51 p.m.

Dude, I have half a mind, I really do. That would be a long drive back, though, and to make it worth it I'd have to stop to buy a car somewhere to tow. 

whiskey_business
8/30/24 10:55 p.m.

In reply to brandonsmash :

Sounds like a plan! 

In all seriousness, that would be an epic journey. It's a big truck but not so big that you couldn't ship it. Just a thought!

brandonsmash
8/31/24 10:27 a.m.

I could definitely see using this for work. Transport would be quite expensive, though, and to do a FIDO from MI-AZ would be a long drive for someone with nothing to think about. 

whiskey_business
8/31/24 12:41 p.m.

In reply to brandonsmash :

If you're serious about it shoot me a DM and we can look at details!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Dork
9/1/24 1:42 a.m.

I'll be driving from Ohio to Colorado sometime dec/Jan/feb to go snowboarding (flexible schedule, would love an excuse to go out earlier laugh).  I'd be happy to help move this.  

I'd need to take my "camper" with me, 95 Cadillac Fleetwood hearse, ~8k lbs loaded, 18ft front bumper to rear axle, 22ft+ over all length.  Pretty sure it won't fit on that rollback deck sad

Any chance you want to buy a trailer out of Michigan/Ohio?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yZDwrYNZUGsYEV0VeBCtauugDGhyELX8FPx06qvVEDUsE9YhpAVcDJRQ0PXa570L