Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
9/8/24 8:59 p.m.

Please save me from Facebook.  Offering for a lower price here first.

So, I have two of these (coupe and sedan).  In theory I'm selling both, because working 6-7 days a week has left me no time for maintenance, and I'm probably going to buy a new Civic Si to pile miles onto and just change the oil and go. 

2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP, 234K miles. 

Pros:

• ZHP (sport seats/interior and suspension, highercams/redline) and Cold Weather (heated seats, fold down rear seats) packages.
  • Good overall shape, daily driver
  • AC works great
  • Full cooling system service at 228k miles, incl. radiator
  • Other maintenance: guibo, center bearing, fuel pump, filte,r and hoses
  • Bilsteins and HR Sport springs
  • New windshield
  • Fresh VA inspection (good through 8/2025)

Cons:

• Daily driver that was parked downtown for work (by both me and the previous owner), lots of small scuffs, scratches, dings.
  • High miles
  • Check engine light on for evap system (see first line about no time)
Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
9/11/24 9:20 p.m.

Bumping, and also posting some pics of the sedan.  This one's not cleaned up or ready for sale yet, but hey, better to get the word out to GRM early.

182K miles, cloth/alcantara interior, same packages (ZHP + cold weather) as the coupe.  This car is in better shape, with the exception of: the bumpers are also chewed up/hood has a small ding (pictured below), and the AC has a leak.  I charged it with a SnapOn machine, and it passed the vacuum test and took a charge, but I still smell refrigerant when I run it.  Could be a $2 valve, but assume it is the evaporator, which requires removing the dash.  As already mentioned, I work all the time, and just don't have time to maintain these cars like they deserve.  Asking $5K as it sits, if it doesn't sell by November when the racing season's over I will likely fix the AC, knock out a couple other small jobs (like maybe get the bumpers repainted), at which point I would be VERY temped to keep it.  It's shocking how consistent BMW is when it comes to part replacements needed:  this car also has a full cooling system replacement at ~174K miles, guibo/center bearing done, and a new windshield in the last 5k miles, though that's not BMW's fault.  Also had all 4 window regulators replaced at various points in the last 10K miles.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
10/12/24 3:42 p.m.

Holy cow it's been a month!  Been on the road 3 of the last 4 weeks, and seller's motivation has suffered accordingly.  Get home tomorrow and should be there for a couple weeks, would like to get this sold.  

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
10/12/24 3:55 p.m.

Man these both seem so reasonable. If I need a commuter car I may be in touch, but it's another month before I find out. 

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
10/12/24 4:07 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

Haha thanks, I think so too.  

On the one hand, i feel like with the high miles and needing a few things, maybe my asking price is high...then I look at what else is FS on facebook, and think the opposite.  Just mentally, e46s were always $3-6k cars.  But then again, I feel that way about e30s too and look where that went.  

eedavis
eedavis GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/18/24 9:27 a.m.

@Flynlow PM sent

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
10/18/24 3:30 p.m.

Responded!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D0MbLErhauhb0qcCwr0qxvlVNRwhpDFOKW6438aSxE3gYeSm8OrBvOPb0lXEwfCq