All receipts since new

Clear title in hand

3.0L Inline 6 DOHC 24 valve engine

All wheel drive

Black paint

Tan interior

Rest of the vehicle is in great shape!

Located in Lake Helen, FL 32744

I bought it from the original owners.  The temp gauge spiked on Interstate 4 and they had it towed to Wilson’s Bimmer Repair in Holly Hill (who had been doing all the maintenance on it for the past few years).  They diagnosed it as a blown head gasket and weren’t interested in the job as it is 26 book hours in labor, they are already shorthanded, and it would tie up a bay for a while.  I spoke with the owners of the shop and the X5 owners and decided to take on the job myself as I just brought another 2004 X5 3.0l back to life (and this black one is in even nicer shape).  I brought it home, titled it in my name, and as I was about to get on it when things got real busy.  Things picked up at my full time job and my side gig REALLY picked up ... so much so that I’m expanding my shop at the house to keep up with that work.  So now I really have no time or space to do this BMW. 

Before I put it up on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace, I wanted to give anyone here a shot at it for what I have in it. 

$2000 for anyone here. 

I’ll have it here for at least a week. If still available, it will be listed on those other sites for $2600.

Additional pictures available upon request.

Possibly interested in the following trades:

1998-2010 VW Beetles

2005-2010 Dodge Charger V8

2005-2010 Chrysler 300 V8

Electric Golf Cart

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/22 3:27 p.m.

that does look like a nice one!

I wonder what engine R&R takes time wise. Maybe it is significantly faster to simply swap in a junkyard motor, then part out the motor that was pulled to recoup the costs.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/22 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

You might need to do that regardless. M54s like to pull the threads out of the block when overheated. 

Looks like a nice car. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/2/22 4:01 p.m.

What is wrong with you guys?  No one thought to ask about the fox body or the 944?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/22 4:54 p.m.
Stampie said:

What is wrong with you guys?  No one thought to ask about the fox body or the 944?

In for details on the 944...

CWR67
CWR67 New Reader
8/2/22 8:25 p.m.

The 944 Turbo has a tired LT1 motor in it that I need to remove and drop in an LS motor I have for it.  The Fox body was given to me by my father in law many years ago.  I have a weld in cage for it and one day hope to run it in the 4 cylinder class down the road at the New Smyrna Speedway.  However those projects will be when/if time allows.  

The BMW is really clean and I know I just won't have the time to do the head gasket as my buddy and I have 4 other builds to get ready in time for the Turkey Rod Run in November (the side gig that's rapidly picking up).

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/2/22 9:05 p.m.
Stampie said:

*shakes head that he only noticed the dakota*

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/2/22 9:18 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

That's the sign of a sick mind.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lXSW1yy6v7z1uDIrXQcBy8sxmAwvX9KqPN4mhH5V4aYwGdB0bYz9atFkuDo4UZPn