SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
4/19/23 9:41 a.m.

Cliff notes version of the story.  I've got 15 year old twins.  My ex and I agreed that we'd split the "buy them a car" thing.  I'm responsible for my daughter, she's responsible for my son.  My daughter is getting my Prius C, and I've already got a replacement car, otherwise I'd keep this for myself.  Being the nice guy I am I agreed to help my wife find a car for my son.  I bought this from GRM recently, the for sale thread is here.  Spec V SE-R .  My son thought he'd like it, I was sure he'd like it.  Do'h!!!  He likes driving stick, but this isn't the right one for him.  I think it's the header and the associated noise he doesn't like.  Yeah, we could put a stock manifold on but his mind is already made up and I don't want to get into that argument with my ex.  

Before I put it up for sale to the public, I want to offer it here for precisely what I've got into it.  Not a penny more.  Car comes with a E36 M3 ton of parts, including extra rims, transmission and all kinds of misc stuff.  Price is $4200.  Here's the breakdown...

Car = $3200 including shipping it to my house

Repairs = $1000 (I'm not a mechanic, so I paid for the work).  New exhaust from the header all the way back.  Recharge the a/c...it works terrific.  Alignment.  Flush brake fluid with Motul 600.  Oil change.  It's at the shop right now getting the bracket that holds the shifter cable replaced.  We took the car to a track day and it broke there.  It was raining, so we didn't push the car hard, but it was stupid fun before the bracket broke.  

Car is outside of Atlanta GA.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
4/20/23 10:39 a.m.

Would you happen to want to trade for a 96 Buick Roadmaster?

4/21/23 7:50 a.m.

As much as I love the Roadmaster, I wouldn't want to do a straight up trade.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/23 8:03 a.m.

In reply to MrStickShift :

I appreciate your enthusiasm but you're trying to trade a broken $500 car for everything on here and it's kinda getting old

5/1/23 7:29 a.m.

I need room in my driveway.  

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 New Reader
5/1/23 3:06 p.m.

Your son wouldn't like this?  WTF, These things are fantastic.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/1/23 4:44 p.m.

I think it is the current generation "thing". Most of us would love a loud performance car in school (and now at 59, not much has changed). But none of my stepsons are "car people" and only my son is a mild enthusiast, who drives an NC Miata. Daughter had several "fun" cars but nothing too crazy. My one step son drives a stripped CVT Sentra and loves it, just not sure how to respond appropriately to that! I told him that I would not have been caught dead in that boring thing, he thinks I am joking crying.

I am sure someone will pick this up quickly.

NC240Zed
NC240Zed New Reader
5/3/23 7:24 p.m.

Does this trim have the Brembos?

Neat car! Although I suppose I wouldn't have appreciated it as a teen myself...

5/7/23 1:10 p.m.

No Brembos, but it stops quite well and has racing fluid/pads in it.

5/25/23 9:18 a.m.

I need this gone, make me an offer 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
5/25/23 6:43 p.m.

Is it challenge priced yet?

5/25/23 7:01 p.m.

No, but it has so many spare parts that you can easily get it under 

5/30/23 12:12 p.m.

My wife wants this gone, so don't be afraid to throw me an offer.  If I'm forced to fire sale it I'd rather it go to GRM.  Remember all the spares that come with it, you can recoup a lot of money.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qkMr9N9rxCW4uWlhMZgEBEBkQJkLOLja3RY29mw2xUwAmgfKkECHjfPB1rt2VMXt