No Time
No Time SuperDork
3/27/22 2:38 p.m.

I decided against taking making a challenge competitor out of my sons SX4. As a result I've decided to list it for sale on FB.

For the GRM crowd I will let it go for FMV estimate of $750 and put you in touch with the source for a good motor in a sedan with a salvage title.

FMV thread

see Facebook link for more photos:

From Facebook link:

"Needs engine, but runs and moves under its own power. 

Less than 5k miles on new clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. 

Approximately 10k miles on brakes and tires. 

Transmission shifts smoothly and awd works. 

I also have a set of inner and outer tie rod ends and used snow tires for the vehicle.

Open to reasonable offers. I may also be able to put you in contact with a source for a good engine. "

Miljack
Miljack New Reader
4/1/22 9:28 a.m.

I have some interest, however, the logistics make this one a toughie!  Any chance you're headed anywhere close to the SE for a meetup?  Where did you find the engine donor (location)? 

Still waiting on my PM rights...

thanks,

No Time
No Time SuperDork
4/1/22 1:39 p.m.

The engine was in CT (in a parts car), but I haven't checked on availability since the beginning of March. 

I currently dont have any trips planned that would take me south of DC. 

Miljack
Miljack New Reader
4/1/22 5:19 p.m.

Anywhere close to DC would work, I'm in Charlotte, so that would effectively make it a much more feasible operation. 

thanks,

No Time
No Time SuperDork
4/1/22 10:40 p.m.

My next trip to the DC area is later this month, but has a stop in NYC for a 3 day weekend, so moving the car on that trip wouldn't work.

I'm not sure when the next trip would be, possibly Memorial Day weekend. 

Miljack
Miljack New Reader
4/7/22 8:25 a.m.

Let me know, I'll see if I have PM rights yet...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y4TX8u7aLrLh2wygxo3Oaor7pV0RyRHzbagA1ZYkBhHnPpVNLOesNrlZDaqU2f50