Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/10/20 10:00 a.m.

Includes brand new Nokian Hakkapelliitta R3 snow tires mounted on the 19" Black Rial wheels pictured. Summer tires on 20" wheels as pictured on vehicle will need to replaced in the spring.

Also includes full Weathertech set of floor and cargo area liners and the 110 V charger.

Vehicle also includes a comprehensive, unlimited mileage service contract, effective through March, 2021. Transferable to new owner for $50 fee.

Available in December, pending the delivery of another car. Alternatively, if you purchase before 10/16/20, you can take immediately delivery and I'll make other arrangements.

bengro
bengro New Reader
10/26/20 9:20 p.m.

These are very interesting to me. 

Have you done any work to fully access all the fuel in the REX tank, I understand the tanks where a little bigger but they where required to limit useable capacity.  Also curious if you cna reserve the battery and run mostly on the REX if you know you will want the battery due to terrain towards the end of your trip. 

Is it possible to road trip it longer distances on the REX alone?

I understand these are carbon fiber, is there issues with corrosion on other components?

Karacticus
10/26/20 9:29 p.m.

Yes, I've coded it to enable use of the full 2.4 ( !) gallon capacity of the fuel tank and to permit the range extender to be selected once the battery is less than 75% capacity. 

It's possible to use these features  to take it on longer trips, but that's not really its thing. Cruising at 70+ really whacks the crap out of the range, even compared to 60-65.  You'd be stopping about every hour for gas. 

But yeah, all carbon fiber and aluminum, so rust/corrosion worries are much reduced. 

Karacticus
10/26/20 9:42 p.m.

Also, price reduced and the FB Marketplace listing

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1085745341846032/

bengro
bengro New Reader
10/26/20 9:46 p.m.

Looks like this is 210 miles away from me.  Is that like a 2 stop for gas on the REX trip?  

Did they build these with any sort of quick charging capablity or is it just the level 1/2 charging that is available?

I will say this is extremely tempting for me to try my hand on the EV life.  

The picture of the dash is showing 68 miles of EV range and 75 miles of fuel range, is that pretty easy to hit? Seems when new they where epa rated at 150 miles of gas + electric combined. 

Seems I need to find one of these to test drive.  I really like that interior color and basically that is the only interior I would consider.  

Karacticus
10/26/20 9:49 p.m.

It has DC fadt charging, but I'll admit I've never used it-- no chargers of that flavor around here. Its's about 3 hours to charge from empty on a level 2 charger. 

Karacticus
10/26/20 9:53 p.m.

In reply to bengro :

Those range capabilities are based on primarily driving at 75 mph-- you'd have no problem hitting the spec numbers at 60 mph. And as long as it's not dark or winter, or bucking a serious headwind. Running lights and the heater do have a bit of a range impact as well. 

Range capabilities have been quite consistent on the car since I bought it with 15,000 miles on it. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
10/26/20 11:29 p.m.
bengro said:

Looks like this is 210 miles away from me.  Is that like a 2 stop for gas on the REX trip?  

Did they build these with any sort of quick charging capablity or is it just the level 1/2 charging that is available?

You should check things like plugshare, which displays homes where their owners are fine with you charging the vehicle on their dime or things like RV parks where you can charge too.

IF you end up buying it and need to go westward towards Omaha, you could charge at my property though I won't have a 220v for a little bit.

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/28/20 9:37 a.m.

My best friend has a 2014 REx and his is also coded.  He goes about 60 miles on gas and can do the remainder on battery. His does not have Fast Charging, though I have investigated what would be required for that retrofit.  In my opinion, that's a big plus, though he only uses his around DC and has not missed not having it.  I believe PlugShare would say where those fast chargers are located, if there are any local.  This is a good deal.  Maintenance is very low, save for tires needing to be replaced somewhat more frequently than normal cars.  A few qts of oil, a filter and 2 spark plugs is pretty much the only consumable for the powertrain.  Some early models had poor engine mounts, but I believe this was rectified during the 2014 model year.  There's a great community of owners on various pages on facebook. 

bengro
bengro New Reader
10/29/20 12:09 p.m.

I just sent you a message via the forum tool with my email and cell phone number.  I am not too far away in Peoria, IL and Have every other Friday off.  Let me know about timing to look at this.  

Karacticus
10/30/20 2:12 p.m.

Sold, or at least sale pending to bengro!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Aw9ndxKxEOE7VzIKJqVsTFqBLZpGuZiwvLlF3nuQ1GL9gVb1rllTz6BtPJyQqM0w