Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
8/18/24 5:04 p.m.

Good Day!

After 7 years, I have made the decision to go back to a street car for HPDE (new baby so hobby time has become scarce) and thus my 1994 BMW 325i LS swap race car is for sale. This car started life as a world challenge race car built by Hi Speed Motorsports and was successfully campaigned by the Owner Hugh Stewart. Some pictures from it’s previous life documented here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/7tq6andfjgcf8t4o8wk6j/AEsduK4s4wTZTxVp6w1qfNY?rlkey=4c2o0ipdnxk08rk2i64qhi7eg&dl=0

Pictures from last weekend:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/x3r672rpoe920jk0javk2/AG4nSRysDp1S96q6fDQlv3U?rlkey=k6ldvc4lfdaranizm0lcocg0q&dl=0

When I bought it back in 2017, it was partially disassembled due to motor failure in the original 6 cylinder BMW engine. Having driven HPDE’s in a BMW e36 M3 for a decade, I decided I wanted to go to a racecar for safety reasons and instead of taking a lovely street car and modifying, bought this rolling shell and started to build the ultimate HPDE car.

The rebuild/buildout is fairly well documented on bimmerforums over the years as I have been an active member there (100% feedback score) since 2007. Here is the thread with much of the detail, but have MUCH more documentation as needed: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2470075-Olemiss540-s-WAR-Machine-LS1-E36

The car itself was prepped last winter for another season of HPDE, so it is literally ready to drive on track today. She is battle bruised, with dents on almost every panel, as I didn’t see much need for a showcar so focused on reliability and drivetrain improvements. Since the build is fairly well documented at the thread above, thought I would focus the add more on the overall specs, but reach out if you have any other questions. This car was built in 2017 with most of the below replaced/improved at that time and has since seen around 14 HPDE weekends of use.

Engine:

Aluminum LS1 block was bought brand new from Thompson Motorsports. It has 243 heads ported/polished with a 6 angle valve job, PAC 660 dual valve springs w/Ti retainers, .02 oversize Ferrera valves (head work done by Brad Noland at Noland’s Cylinder Head Service in KC). Intake is handled through a 92mm Nick Williams DBC TB/LS2 manifold, and the cam was spec’ed by Nick as a Texas Speed 228/232 .615”/.615” 111 LSA +3 advance for road course use. Running a 2004 CTS-V M6/DBC PCM and thinned factory harness, was tuned by Jim Moran at SpeedInc in Chicago to 405whp/385wtq.

Dyno Chart: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/7tq6andfjgcf8t4o8wk6j/AEsduK4s4wTZTxVp6w1qfNY?rlkey=4c2o0ipdnxk08rk2i64qhi7eg&dl=0

Dyno Video: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/df8odzp1dsz006wddd4ra/Dyno-Video.MOV?rlkey=8ncqhmbesmzbah4ep4abpfd6m&dl=0

Coolant is handled through an aftermarket aluminum thickened radiator fed by an e30 coolant reservoir, and with an aluminum oil cooler that keeps temp VERY well in check, having had to block off much of the oil cooler to keep temps high enough if we are not running mid-summer sessions. The oil pan is a MAST oil pan bought new, which is baffled and also fed by a 3 qt Canton oil accumulator. Catch can is a Michi dual can setup, and all accessories/sensors were bought brand new (alternator replaced last winter, MAF/O2’s winter before last). She has fresh spark plugs (NGK 4177), air filter, and MSD plug wires, and the car will come with the HPTuner cabling that is synched to this car for diagnostics.

Fueling is handled by dual new (when built) BMW pumps, feeding a corvette FPR/filter setup where the stock filter used to be housed and 42# injectors. Exhaust is fairly loud, dual 3” setup with dual Magnaflow mufflers and ceramic coated headers (CX Racing). Engine mounts were upgraded 2 years ago (CX racing poly mounts known as a failure point) and tranny mount is an upgraded unit as well. Clutch was installed during the build as a brand new LS7 unit with a speed bleeding TOB and recently replaced BMW clutch master at the pedal. All fluids were changed this winter (tranny/engine/coolant/differential) in prep for this season and have 0 miles/hours. Transmission is a t56 unit sourced from a 30k mile car, and differential is a KAAZ 3.91 LSD. New MGW shifter installed a year or so ago.

Brakes:

330i Front Calipers/Rotors/DTC-60 pads (all 75% remaining)

E36 M3 Rear Calipers/Rotors/DTC-60 pads (80% remaining)

Calipers were replaced during the rebuild process and consumables costs are LOW. The car has recently been upgraded with an MK60 ABS system out of an e46 m3 which functions amazingly and has diagnostic port capabilities for bleeding. Install was completed running all brand new NiCop lines from a Z3 3.0 master/booster, through the cabin to a bias valve and from the cabin to the individual calipers. RBF 600 was flushed last winter and has zero use since.

Cabin:

Gauges are handled by an AIM MXL2 Pista dash (communication cord will come with car) which is fully customizable and captures data/lap time logs for review post session utilizing an external GPS module. It has oil pressure, oil temperature, coolant temperature sensors, integrated and functional rpm/shift lights. Drivers seat is an older Corbeau race seat and newer circa 2019 set of 6 pt harnesses. Passenger side is occupied by the aforementioned Oil Accumulator. The cage is something to behold, tied into all 4 strut towers and in amazing shape. All glass aside from the small corner pieces in the rear door have been replaced with Lexan and all exterior body panels have been skinned/lightened. Body has been seam welded and there is no sign of sound deadening or weight to be shed anywhere inside.

Suspension:

The entirety of the suspension was rehabilitated during the build with all new ball joints, adjustable eyeball mounts for front caster adjustment, subframe mounts, reinforcements on the RTAB pockets and F/R subframe mounts, and rear sway bar mounts. More recent rear lower control arms and rear wheel bearings in the last year. Brand new TCKline coilover shocks have 1 weekend of use (single adjustable) and ground control camber plates were rebuilt with new bearings at the same time. Currently running 600#F/700# racing springs with ground control rear spring perches. New rear axles swapped in preventatively when the new rear lower adjustable control arms and rear wheel bearings were installed. 

Wheels/Tires:

The fender arches have been modified and fender flares installed to accommodate a set of Apex 17”x10.5” square wheels with 90% tread 275/40/17 NT01’s. Have also run 275/35/17 RC1’s on this setup which helps with the ability to run a lower suspension setting if wanted.

Body:

As stated above, the body has many signs of dents throughout from multiple decades of racing. Hood has vents, fenders have plastic flares, headlights have been hallowed out/painted, and body has been repainted using a grey Plasti-Dip that has held up surprisingly well. Rear carbon wing was customized with higher aluminum risers, and front e36 m3 bumper could use a new plywood splitter due to a mistake loading the car a year ago without removal. Underneath the car, everything is new or has been replaced/repainted over the years. No rust whatsoever underneath and if any surface rust ever starts to show at welds in the cabin, they are quickly prepped/sanded and repainted with Rustoleum as you can see in the cabin photos. This is no show car, and the photos were taken to represent its current condition so there is no surprises for the buyer.

Car is 100% ready to be taken to the track, fires right up, runs like a rabid ape, and everything consumable has been replaced to ensure a reliable fun weekend chasing MUCH more expensive equipment with a 405whp/2500lb cage of war. Sincerely appreciate any questions you may have, happy to link up via phone or email, just shoot me a message. Also have an old steel race car trailer I would throw in for an additional $1300 if transport is an issue, its been well maintained (tires, bearings, etc) over the years and has been the preferred mode of haulage for this car for 7 years now. All will be sold strictly with a bill of sale. Photo of trailer: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nd5vhiqxdxd2lyv8ixqqv/2022-11-18-11.16.51.jpg?rlkey=g399xg6hgcp4ngprh0n2snpsi&dl=0

I do not enjoy negotiating/haggling, and don’t like to have things for sale for 6 months to try and get every last cent, so I list things at prices that they sell quickly and ensure a good value for buyer/seller. Car will come with any spares (front bearing, decent set of rotors, oils, old gauges/O2 monitoring system, etc) I have in my garage.

Previous track day videos:

Brother chasing in his C7GS: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e2ljt9mslp747nbtmjb91/20230601_HPT_Laps.mp4?rlkey=lp62iissvv3unbgr2jaz8tikk&dl=0

Rd Atl:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/o5133fuxqbuank343ep4r/GOPR0038.MP4?rlkey=ie7mt39dkvbhr93i9zhja10qo&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7oxbvfwnv8dui6ud4c1yx/GOPR0037.MP4?rlkey=r9qjnnidb0r8pfbrl1dmqz46x&dl=0

Spent very little time flat footed and I am not the best driver even amongst my small group, but the MK60 setup sure helped close the gap.

Car is listed at $18,500 FIRM. Now $15,200. One more lowering!

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
8/23/24 3:15 p.m.

Contact email: bavariane39 at gmail dot com

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
8/26/24 8:59 a.m.

Price Lowered: $17,500!

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
9/12/24 11:28 a.m.

Give me a call, let's talk about the car!

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
9/17/24 9:24 a.m.

Lowering price to $16,500 FIRM!

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
9/24/24 9:36 a.m.

Price reduced to $15,900 Firm! Have double this amount in parts "invested" in this build. 

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
10/7/24 9:08 a.m.

Bump for another price reduction, $15,200 takes her home!!

ryeland
ryeland New Reader
10/7/24 1:25 p.m.

I absolutely cannot understand how this car has not sold yet.  I have personally seen this car on track many times and it's an absolute beast. It has no problem keeping up with GT3's. I thought it was a steal even at original asking price. Having built an LS swapped car myself I would imagine he has near $10k into the engine/trans alone. Great car from a great seller. Absolutely cannot go wrong if you're looking for a FAST HPDE or dedicated track car.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
10/7/24 2:21 p.m.

I'm also pretty sure my track car has OleMiss' Stickley built S52 that came out of this car prior to the LSx, haha. 

Small world, great seller.  Motor is still screaming like 8 years later... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3Gy6c7egEOh3pBX5dkKWh6I953ab7TJvxB8mRTHst2gkgDV1NG5MQWqsUtcXoElG