914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/1/24 8:58 a.m.

NMNA.  My friend owned this bike forever however recent health issues keep him from riding.  It's here mostly for Show 'n Tell as most of you folks just couldn't justify $24k.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/2/24 2:11 p.m.

I'm glad that is 24K. I don't have room in my garage for anything else.

Beautiful bike and I loved riding my uncle's back in the day. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/2/24 5:13 p.m.

Not an S, but a clone; mine will be leaving the ranch this spring.

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/2/24 11:47 p.m.

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I'm not in the market as I'm more of a small/midweight bike guy, and I want something exclusive and Italian for the next addition to the fleet (Bimota?) But looks like someone will be stoked to own that bike. GLWS for your buddy!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/3/24 8:05 a.m.

Yeah, I feel ya.  I almost bought a Bimota Mantra, but I had a better shot at a super model than coming up with the $23,000.

My R-90.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/3/24 12:00 p.m.

A fellow grad student friend of mine had one when they first came out.  He was a bike guy (had a Matchless and Ducati too) and ex helicopter pilot in Vietnam.  A great guy that got prostate cancer while still young.  I contacted him a couple of years ago and he had just retired from the USDA as a Phd research scientist and bought a nice motorhome to tour the country.  I got a message that he had passed away a year ago from cancer.  

The tanks were painted by a little old lady in Germany.  If it ever needed to be painted, it was sent back to her.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9uRu9qcI95HGZFomjhrj15OuA8VGCgR5hcRqQsSUSa7Q6PtszsKbQGdWHvpuJIlp