Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/1/20 1:25 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

LS Swap ?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
9/1/20 2:33 p.m.

"the engine knocks but is not blown" is funny enough. But I'm really glad that "that is the only problem with the car". 
Uh, that's a big enough problem to negate the word "only". 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/1/20 2:46 p.m.

Right. In my sub $2k search the past few days I've seen sooo many cars over ten years old where they're still asking $1800 that are like, "In great shape! Leather is perfect, radio is very good, the windows are easy to see through, the rubber on the tires is rubbery, turn signals are great, only 147,000 miles, recent cooling system flush, always starts the first time, only issue is where the rod punctured the block and sliced off my leg at the knee.

"No lowballers"

IN FACT, here's an actual discussion from yesterday, regarding a car with this description

Runs good but needs work. Typical Subaru rust. Exhaust need attention but too bad. The rear struts need to be replaced. Great in the snow. Needs headlight assemblies they are cloudy.

me: " when you say, "it needs work" do you just mean the things you listed or are their other things wrong with it? "

guy: " Yes. It will need some work. But it's been a good car "

me: (once again): " Are there things that need to be fixed besides the three cons you listed: exhaust, struts, rust? "

<<five minutes later, and he says he's communicating with a few other ppl>>

guy: " I updated the description. I'm trying to be as honest as I can. Look at it again plz. "

Runs good but needs work. Probably head gasket. Typical Subaru rust. Exhaust need attention but too bad. The rear struts need to be replaced. Great in the snow. Needs headlight assemblies they are cloudy.

and yes,

I've not used a tape measure in one, but presumably anything that will take a straight 6 will take a pair of 4s.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/2/20 12:03 a.m.

"it runs great... wont start, so not sure what it is but could be a $0.01 fix...

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
9/2/20 11:28 a.m.

Runs great, needs a starter so it won't run right now.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/20 2:22 p.m.

Obvious s85 swap candidate

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/9/20 7:58 a.m.

"

Engine knocks but is not blown please only message if you forsure want the car Im interested in trading depending on what you have but again don’t ask if your not forsure I’m getting to many bs messages

"

I am forsure not buying any of that.  He knows what he's got!

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/20 8:06 a.m.

Reminds me of the old joke on how to translate the wording in UK motorcyle ads:

"Good runner" = "You have to be one to get it (bump) started"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JOUAY9AIWrLS3KVfs78L2OZ9NiznKVtn8rmrvgYM1vFqAMM2054DafEQnlHBJy2H