dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
2/28/23 2:29 p.m.

I've been feeling guilty lately about how often this thing sits around unused, originally when I bought it I thought I'd use it as a tow vehicle and for camping - it doesn't have the engine or the brakes for low-stress towing, and we don't camp nearly as often as I'd anticipated. I love the boxy lines and it can be charming to drive in the right environment, but it's definitely happiest on a dirt road or mild trail. I now have a 2010 Frontier that does most of the things the Montero can do but better, aside from off-roading. As much as I like it, leaving it parked most of the week seems like a waste, so if someone who really appreciated these trucks really wanted it, I'm considering letting it go to a good home. What I'm really lacking right now is a good road trip sedan that can seat 4 and get better than 20 mpg on the interstate. I'd really like a clean HC generation Mazda 929, but I'd consider a lot of other interesting rwd sedans. Here's the Montero build thread - https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/91-montero-refresh/183386/page3/ I can also provide several other photos and info via PM. 

Edit: GRM cash price is $4500

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
2/28/23 2:32 p.m.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
2/28/23 3:08 p.m.

If the Montero is a manual, any interest in trading for a 96 Buick Roadmaster estate? It gets 26 on the highway. and seats 8.

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
2/28/23 4:27 p.m.

In reply to MrStickShift :

It is manual, the Roadmaster is cool but not my thing, thanks !

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/1/23 8:57 a.m.

In reply to dannyp84 :

Ok, no problem!

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
3/8/23 11:41 a.m.

Message sent but would be interested in buying it instead of a trade.

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
6/1/23 5:58 p.m.

New starter as of last week and new price for GRM community: $4900. Feeling motivated to get this to a good home and use the funds on my other projects. 

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
7/17/23 10:52 a.m.

A couple weeks ago I listed the Montero on marketplace via my lady's account since I don't have fb. Lots of "is this available?" Messages with no follow through, culminating in an agreement to trade for a Cressida where the guy backed out of the deal after telling me it was good to go and allowing me to drive 600 mi one way to do the trade :/ 

Anyway, my truck needs some repairs and I have other projects stacking up so the new price for GRM is $4500. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MMhSE7NXz7y1dnjDasp2d5DnPNnq9X0QEccC5Y7ERTfEXhCS5CehwHx1xjJufmXr