B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/5/23 11:23 a.m.

Welllll its that time. 

Up for Sale I Have a 1988 D-Sports Racer -Roller. My Dad bought this a few years ago with the plans of building a Track Day monster. My dad Raced Formula Fords for a long time and he wanted to go back to something similar but FASTER. 

This is a Formula First Based Van, Diemen 088 Chassis that was modified to work as a D-sports racer back in the day.  When my dad bought it was a running and driving car with a Kawasaki KZ900R motor which was the right motor for the class back then. When he bought he also received the original body Molds so one could make more bodies if they wanted to down the line. 

The car has since had the engine removed (it's been sold) and the body has been completely re-done by a fiberglass expert (guy does airplane stuff for his FT job)   The body has been reinforced, and all issues corrected and is currently prepped for paint. 

There are also upgraded willwood brake calipers and rotors on the car. All of the rear end parts will come with the car as well including the chain drive diff. 

All other parts are present and accounted for at this point and it will come with freshly painted 13in Weller Steel wheels wrapped in Toyo R888's 205 front and 225 rear. All she needs is a motor. Now you can drop in any street bike motor you chose....

Or you can buy the extremely clean and low-mile Hayabusa motor my dad bought for it that comes with a header that is perfectly set up for this car for an extra $3K. 

The car doesn't have a log book but one should be easy to get by having the car re-certified. There are vintage classes and even SCCA classes that this car could run in with the correct motor. 

The roller as it is with the wheels and tires and molds etc I will let go for $7K obo. Please let me know what questions you have and Ill do my best to answer them. The car is currently in Sanford Florida. I am willing to deliver the car for free within a 200 mile radius OR I can deliver anywhere in the SE for a extra - yet fair - charge. If you are interested feel free to comment below and we can setup a phone call. Im open to any and all offers and situations. Thanks. 

The first pictures are from when he first bought it: 

The Following Photos are of the car  today ( I relized I didnt take great pictures of the car as a whole and will get more asap.)

B13Birk
7/6/23 1:48 p.m.

I will take more photos tomorrow and get this updated. If there is anything specific anyone would like to see on the car please let me know. 

B13Birk
4/21/24 7:49 p.m.

Bump. 

This is back for sale. I have sold the busa motor. I also found that my dad Purchased a Quaife Chain Drive differential for this. about a $1k Value. There are still SCCA classes for this as well as vintage racing options and track days etc. 

Open to any and all offers. I also found a full build book for the car with over 80 photos from the 80s or 90s when it was built in some guys shed here in florida. It was raced in the florida region SCCA. It appears it was last raced in 2006

B13Birk
5/4/24 9:32 p.m.

BUMP

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zgAhD32ApKtO19qay8B3jEpLZiS9LNT3buGIJiNNWug5qUuPS9RVcvPLhlZ4U2Pc