1 2
MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/2/23 12:05 p.m.

Price drop!!!! $2500 or a trade for something with 3 pedals. I can install a starter to make it run if needed.

Hello all, I've decided to sell my Buick Roadmaster LT1 Estate. It keeps chewing up starters. It will blow them if you start it more than 10 times. Other than that it's really clean. It's got 175K MI, and the rear facing 3rd row. It's got led headlights. It is White Over Red Cloth. I would be open to trading for something with a Manual transmission. $2500, or trade for a manual With some work this will be an awesome car!

PS I cant receive emails, as I'm at school and can't access my email. 

Located in 06812

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/2/23 3:46 p.m.

Pictures?  What kind of an offer are you looking for?  Interested.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/3/23 8:51 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

I'd be really happy with $3K. I'd also be open to trading for something with a Manual transmission. The only pic I have access to is in my profile.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/23 8:41 p.m.

Not the answer you are looking for, but you likely have a bent flexplate.  My SS ate starters too.  If/when you get a misfire it can spit back during cranking and bend the flexplate.  Pretty common LT1 thing after 150k-ish.

I should also not mention that I have a zero-mile TNET1246 Viper T56 that has been converted to LT1 front with an F-body tailshaft.  Even has an LT1 bellhousing.

T56 Roadmaster, anyone?

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/6/23 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, yes. Please don't make me manual swap it. Please.

3/6/23 10:51 a.m.

*whispers*  make me an offer

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/6/23 11:33 a.m.

Great. Because I'm already going in there to do trans work, and because it's my name I gotta do it! Then I will have a V8 RWD Manual 8 passenger wagon. Hell yeah! I'll ask my dad tonight what we'd want to pay ya to have you manual swap it and I'll get back to ya tomorrow.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
3/6/23 12:07 p.m.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/6/23 8:56 p.m.

I can pick up the trans in first week of June in DFW and bring it east to Jackson MS if that will help.  I know Curtis in the DFW area.  If he wants to lug it to Baton Rouge or near there I could meet him at the end of this month.  I'd love to help anyway I can on this project.  I could also GRM relay it as far east as Birmingham or North to Memphis quite easily if either will help. 

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/7/23 8:54 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I'm in CT and curtis's profile says he's in PA, so I'm only about 3 hrs from him.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/7/23 11:42 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I've been convinced that I need to manual swap it! How hard can it be? Famous last words. My dad is gonna post some pics soon.

3/7/23 11:44 a.m.

Yeah, I'm in PA.

Sent you a PM

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/7/23 11:47 a.m.

I won't be able to read it for weeks, unfortunately. The reason is I'm at school, and don't have access to my email.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/7/23 11:59 a.m.

Is the trans in PA too?

3/7/23 2:50 p.m.

In reply to MrStickShift :

Yup.  In my garage.

I was just describing the transmission in an email so you can determine if it's something you want.  So I'll just do that here.

TNET1247, brand new from Mopar parts counter, zero miles.  The whole story is that the custom shop where I worked in L.A. bought this for a customer project and then the customer ran out of money.  It sat in our shop for a year or so, then when the owner moved the shop I bought it.  I took it to a transmission spot in Irvine where they put an LT1 front plate and input shaft on it.  I had them keep the viper output shaft (because beef) and they bored out an F-body tailshaft to fit it.  For all intents and purposes, it's a bolt-in for a GM, but you'll need a viper slip yoke.  I'm also told that the viper output shaft is a little longer, so driveshaft shortening might be needed?  Never installed, zero miles.  Been sitting collecting dust for too long.

My plan was to put it in an Impala SS, but never made it happen.  I'll blame my ex just because.  I have just over $4k in it, but make me an offer.  I won't be offended.  Worst I can say is no.  Has an LT1 bellhousing with it.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/7/23 3:08 p.m.

Ok, I'll talk to my dad tonight, and I'll make you an offer.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/13/23 1:43 p.m.

$3000 or best offer buys it!!! Come get this Corvette powered, RWD, Tire smoking machine!!!!!

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/14/23 12:15 p.m.

I forgot to mention, you get a volvo XC90 seat and toyota camry seat with the buick!

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/31/23 2:12 p.m.

I really don't need to sell this anymore, and am probably not going to manual swap it, but will still add pictures this weekend.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
4/2/23 11:43 a.m.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
4/2/23 11:45 a.m.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
4/2/23 11:46 a.m.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
4/2/23 11:47 a.m.