nealbell193
nealbell193 New Reader
3/8/16 4:20 p.m.

FOR SALE $7000 The ex-Andy Hollis Grassroots Motorsports project 1992 Miata STS car. GRM story

A no expense spared, legal STS car. Get fresh tires and go compete. Or, buy it for a clean low mile NA Miata for street use.

Pictures here pix

My interests have shifted more to track days (in a different car), so it needs to go to someone who will use it well.

Not presently registered for the street but I will do so if needed to make the sale. Clear Texas title in my name. For the right deal, willing to deliver a reasonable distance or to meet halfway from Ft. Worth TX.

Base model, lightest Miata – 2018# on SCCA scales at Mineral Wells Pro Solo June 2015.

No A/C, no power steering, no power windows – base model.

Always garaged/covered since I have owned it. No street miles since 2009. Only 57,xxx miles on the platform.

1992 Miata with a strong 1.6 built by Ed Gilfus and Karl Zimmerman. Racing Beat header (ceramic coated) with custom heat shield, and SPX cold air intake http://www.saferacer.com/sp-induction-systems-spx-1-6l-induction-system New Mazda radiator and all new Mazda hoses in 2011.

ECU tune and chipped by Joe McClughan of Dynotronic Performance Tuning. Starts/runs like a stock car.

Tranny swapped to fresh rebuild in 2012. New clutch assembly 2012. Fresh clutch slave and master 2016.

Healthy viscous diff plus spare 70k one (I took it out of donor so I know the miles). MazdaSpeed stiffer diff mount bushings.

Coil over Koni yellow single adjustable shocks new 2013 with HKS springs. MazdaSpeed delrin suspension throughout.

Racing Beat hollow front sway bar. Two rear bars (OEM, RB 5/8”). MadzaSpeed HD front sway bar mounts. Miata Cage end links.

949 Racing 6UL 7.5” x 15” wheels with decent BFG Rival S 225/45 tires.

Larger 1994 rear brakes to address front lockup problem all NA Miatas can experience. Braided steel brake lines.

New Robbins softtop 2013.

Two UltraShield Rally seats (15” driver, 17” passenger) on factory sliders and ballasted to meet 25# SCCA minimum. Crow lap belt and OEM lap/shoulder belt.

Battery Tender brand 300 CCA Lithium 1.65# battery 2015.

Custom exhaust with Burns stainless muffler that easily passes (92-93 dB at several Tours and Nationals) SCCA sound requirement.

Repainted original color in 2011 by Maaco. Not a show car paint job but very presentable.

Neal 817 nine 7 five fourteen twentytwo

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QxXhck0g9El7HKOmzRktuOUEBzUo7R9P5LOJySKEWB8Dysuq4z04RAVmgn0wutNi