AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/24 11:13 a.m.

Thinning the herd, time for Ody to go. Incomplete maintenance and repair thread here. Quick stats:

2010 Ody EX-L, 265k, I've owned and serviced since 2014 @ 48k. Not cherry. My dad would call it "the box the cherry came in."

I would legit let my kids drive this thing cross country without hesitation. Reliable like gravity.

Power sliding doors currently not powered. I diagnosed it as switch assembly issue. New switch is on order.

Currently on low-mileage Blizzaks because my non-winter tires are bald and I'm not replacing them.

Price? berkeley, I don't know. Is it worth $1500? If not, what's it worth to you? Cheaper if you tell me it's going to be a Challenge car (or Challenge donor).

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/10/24 12:19 p.m.

Bumper sticker is hilarious

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/10/24 1:19 p.m.

I'd almost do a Fly 'n Drive for this and then I could pick this up https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/424609316973194/ and drag it back to San Jose. Well along with a trailer of some sort...

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Dork
6/11/24 10:14 a.m.

GLWS>.  I'm on #2 Honda Odyssey from this era (both 2008s).  We've had one in the household since 2011.  It's also been the fastest vehicle in the fleet for most of that time.  They're great vehicles with a ton of utility.  They'll drive "OK" even when everything is worn out/neglected. Ours is now my son's daily driver & he loves the thing (the subwoofer I added helps a bit).  They're hard to beat from a budget people-mover perspective.  

golfduke
golfduke Dork
6/11/24 10:20 a.m.

GLWS.  My in laws have an Odyssey as their ski slope commuter in Colorado.  With studded snows, this thing is way more impressive than it has any right being.   Put a Thule Box on the roof, and you can carry 7 real adults, gear, and beers to/from a mountain even in the most impressive snowstorms.  I approve. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/11/24 11:05 a.m.

My friend in Texas might be very interested in this. Or, for me, I'd be interested. Can you send me pics of the interior and undercarriage?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/24 11:23 a.m.

I...  Don't want this...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/24 2:17 p.m.

A co worker's wife's CX5 just got smashed and he may be looking for a new/inexpensive family truckster... hmm

6/11/24 4:34 p.m.

Local guy and former coworker gave verbal handshake at $1500.

yupididit is 2nd in line.

Pete. is 3rd.

ill keep y'all posted.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/24 6:50 p.m.

Pete talked to coworker, coworker said "she refuses to drive a van".  So, well, I tried smiley

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
6/12/24 1:20 p.m.

I guess you should add me to the lineup, kids may like this better because it's an automatic.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/12/24 6:24 p.m.

Yeah put me on the list. As long as it's kosher to add on behalf of a friend. He has a 2008 with over 250,000 miles for his family and this is an upgrade

6/12/24 8:41 p.m.

OK so yupididit is first

Pete. is out

akylekoz is 2nd

P3PPY is 3rd

i will dump photos here in a bit.

6/12/24 9:36 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
6/13/24 6:48 a.m.

OK, I'll get kid and SWMBO approval for this.  I would have to sell the Gambler issue X5.

6/13/24 4:58 p.m.

SOLD, pending schedules matching up. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
6/13/24 9:28 p.m.
P3PPY said:

Yeah put me on the list. As long as it's kosher to add on behalf of a friend. He has a 2008 with over 250,000 miles for his family and this is an upgrade

I'm not as desperate for a beater as I was, but let me kniw if he upgrades. I might be able to put his castoff to use!

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/14/24 11:32 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I will, but it's a Michigan vehicle so there's that

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
6/14/24 12:28 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

I've contacts there, n and s of Detroit, so that's a plus. Rust, well as a beater for a season or three, I can live with that! At a beater price, of course. 

6/15/24 6:36 p.m.

UPGRAYEDD:

because I always sweet things up to sell. Replaced "lighter" socket with 2x USB power point, and installed the BT to AUX from Sabine.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
6/15/24 7:47 p.m.

Missed it! Looks like it will get put to good use.

Probably would have jumped on at a couple grand as a size upgrade from the Mazda5 dad-mobile/potential challenge engine donor in a few years but that's what I get for not checking GRM much lately :P

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TPGrWaC62ENo1e6cqPo3T09GlLBWmkrHzxYAyaK4l0JYwAjR0moARJ05PapD7Y2P