Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/2/18 10:18 p.m.

Sounds like it's going to be a good one for the right person, which is definitely not the current or previous owner. I rarely post ads to cars here, but this might interest one of the members.

Shelby GLHS Charger

1987 Shelby GLHS 

condition: fair 
cylinders: 4 cylinders 
drive: fwd 
fuel: gas 
odometer: 63000 
paint color: black 
title status: clean 
transmission: manual 
type: hatchback 

With a heavy heart I am selling my 1987 #284 Shelby GLHS. I have to put my family first, buy a house or throw money at this. I know where to find them now so in the near future I hope to get another. What I know, it has a 2.5L intercooled turbo common block motor in it running a Turbos Unleashed ECU with a downpipe and 3" straight exhaust with a straight through bullet muffler. I also have the original matching #'s 2.2L sitting on my garage floor. I was told the trans was swapped for a heavy duty unit, I pulled the air box off and the tag is missing so I can not verify this. I got it in non-running condition. Former owner put the timing belt on wrong and it was the wrong belt and installed the oil pump improperly. I corrected these issues and got it fired up and running but never timed it. I tried to get it running today but wouldn't fire but it won't take much to get it going. I have driven it a few times around the neighborhood with the timing off. Has a few little minor rust spots on the surface and one in the passenger front wheel well. Interior is decent, typical headliner has started to sag. Carpet is ok but dirty, I would replace it. Sunroof seal has typical dry rot but doesn't leak. Have one extra Centurion wheel and a tub of misc parts including a new piston ring set and crank bearings. No cracks on the dash, has a functioning digital Innovate wide band and Autometer boost gauge. It will need to be trailered. I need this gone asap. Asking $2200 but open to offers. Any questions, you can PM me and I'll shoot you my number. Located in Orlando, FL

4o7 nine 27 834o

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
12/23/18 9:24 a.m.

Looks good for 1600-1700 imo. Will be pretty fast once it's simply running properly.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/23/18 11:43 a.m.
Vigo said:

Looks good for 1600-1700 imo. Will be pretty fast once it's simply running properly.

That's why I posted the link. I have no desire to be the next owner, though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iKUGAuSJY4GvvV2JLnQWEBngvaK1fn6hPr1UOqYsk9IULetN9SQv9A8sBajtA4hO