SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
9/11/24 8:36 p.m.

As I prepare to move to Florida, I am pretty much purging the fleet.  It pains me to get rid of this, as I've had a E90/82 for years now (unusual for me).  I just have no need for it in my current situation.  Yeah, it's got lots of miles but it's been very well cared for.  I had the Carfax showing it, but can't locate it.  I can give you the VIN number.  I've put almost 20,000 trouble free miles on it.  Runs flawless and smooth.  Everything works except the AWD.  Previous owner said his mechanic said it was a solenoid, but I've never put a moment of thought into it.  I'm quite happy with it being RWD.  Throw out bearing makes some noise if you pin the clutch to the floor hard, but it's super easy to avoid.  Has the expected scratches with this many miles.  Interior is surprisingly clean.

Feel free to ask any questions.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/786964266740395/?mibextid=6ojiHh

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/11/24 8:55 p.m.

Sheesh this is hard to resist.

$2,500 for those of you silly enough to not look at the facebook ad. 

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
9/12/24 7:12 p.m.

Ahh I'm close by and need another daily...

9/12/24 9:21 p.m.

Well, feel free...

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/14/24 7:06 p.m.

What color? I don't do the book of faces & I surely don't need this, but $2500  makes me curious...any chance you could post some pics here?

9/14/24 8:40 p.m.

Mattk
Mattk New Reader
9/14/24 8:50 p.m.

Location?

No Time
No Time UberDork
9/14/24 9:08 p.m.

Do you know what the issue is with the awd? 

I don't speak Bimmer, so how close to EOL is the engine at 288k?

Im assuming it's not the original clutch, any idea how many miles on it?

Edit: I see where you said probably a solenoid for the awd. 

9/15/24 5:32 a.m.

I'm outside of Atlanta.  

You could have the oil analysis done to see what they say, but honestly I see no signs that the engine is near the end.  It's rock solid and still pulls hard all the way through.  Not sure how old the clutch is but it also gives no indication of calling it quits soon.  I can give you the VIN if you want to run the Carfax, it may show the clutch.  As I mentioned, the throw out bearing is making noise if you push the clutch hard to the floor.  I just push it 90% of the way down and it is perfectly fine.  It's been that way since I got it and hasn't gotten any worse.

I'd have zero hesitation in driving it anywhere.

No Time
No Time UberDork
9/15/24 10:02 a.m.

Thank you for the added info. 

Last questions for now, is it the N51 or N52 under the hood? What's it wearing for tires? 

I'm just to looking to figure out what it might need if moved to New England and see if it makes sense as a DD/project for my older son, or if I'm better off steering him to something Japanese or Korean 

9/15/24 11:41 a.m.

It's the N52.  I don't recall the tires (I'm out of town), but they are all seasons with decent tread left.

No Time
No Time UberDork
9/15/24 5:01 p.m.

Thanks, that's helpful for my research. 

edit: regarding tires I was just curious if they were all seasons or summers. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LeXkb9whXhR441XsTCSvDJnWWUwem0g9ZdsLgwUjXjjfLtbNbob8urOYjbR7sMl1