lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/21/20 8:16 a.m.

The time and situation has come to sell my Corvette Kart project. Here is a link to the Build as well as a link explaining the reason for selling it.

This isn't easy to do, actually getting to the point of advertising it and I'm not really sure what to ask for it. I'm going to put a price together along with my reason for arriving at that number. You guys will tell me if I'm even in the ballpark and hopefully someone will have an interest.

$6000 for the rolling chassis(chassis, suspension, QA-1 coil-overs, exhaust, headers, ZF 6-speed, interior aluminum, 3.90 rear/diff and spare wheel sets). I'm going to keep the fuel cell, pedals, gauges and big brake kit. If someone were interested in those parts, we can talk. If someone wants everything, $7500 takes it.

The way I figured it was that I bought the straight bare chassis for $500 and the crashed donor car for $2500. I used the ZF transmission, rear carrier, differential, headers, suspension pieces, subframe, wheels and brakes from the donor. The wheels were $600, QA-1's $1100, fuel cell $300, roll cage tubing $1000, interior tubing $350, interior aluminum $350, oil cooler $50, new front subframe $300, front spindle $100.

No labor or fabrication costs were figured into any of this. 

After the demo of the '93 Anniversary chassis, I probably have 4-6 weeks of fabrication in the roll cage, interior aluminum, coil-over fitment, exhaust and bumpers. 

It was fun to get it to the point where it is right now and it needs the following items to finish:

- small block Chevy engine(mild to wild it's your choice). Any SBC should bolt-up to the ZF.

- plumbing, wiring, gauges

- steering column built(I have a rack but the steering shaft and supports will need to be done after the engine and seat are installed).

- radiator and mounts(depends on where you want to place it, front or rear).

- seat of your choice, seatbelts, pedals.

LETS TALK! 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/20 9:54 p.m.

That's really cool and looks like you have done excellent work on the cage!

This has been sitting in the corner of my building since I've moved. I haven't touched it quite some time and with the purchase of the vintage Spitfire race car, I'm going to focus my time & efforts on getting that ready for this upcoming race season. I'm bumping this here in case someone might be interested and I'm going to post in on a few FB groups.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here and I'll let you know how it got to this point.

*** BUMP for a price reduction.

$6000 and I keep the Wilwood front brake kit(stock Z51 brakes included), seat and gauges.

$6500 includes the Wilwood BBK.

Currently hiding in the corner of the shop identifying as a "Jeep".

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O3cz9mOAXa3ZFat3pSDdkN7loWcGdwZld33bsL7jYBStJ2JeEHaBDiSSwzxZOeTu