clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
10/10/24 9:39 a.m.

Another hell yes! 

I love Caminos and rancheros

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
10/10/24 9:39 a.m.

That thing is so cool. It is in my Neighbor town Santa Paula which is know for sweet lowriders and last home of Steve McQueen and Von Dutch.

I love  the compartment whre the hydraulics are placed in. I had forgot the ELCOs had them.

I had a lowered 64 back in the day. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/24 9:56 a.m.

I love lowriders, and that one is pretty nice. 

SEADave
SEADave Dork
10/10/24 11:05 a.m.

Wow, that filigreed door handle!!!

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/13/24 9:05 a.m.

Another case of "you couldn't build it for that price".

Its cool, and its a truck so practical right? Use the hydros to ease loading and unloading.....

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/24 10:36 a.m.

Ad says text for more info. So I did. No info came back.

idk much about hydraulics, but I'm looking at this:

and thinking it is an air suspension, not hydraulic. Do hydros have tanks like this? And where would you hide the rack of batteries in an el Camino?

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
10/13/24 12:02 p.m.

Oh yeah, air bags for sure.  Angry come on out to the 805. I will take you surfing 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/13/24 12:10 p.m.

Air tanks. 

That recessed well is on all El Caminos. It's the same floor pan used on station wagons- that well is the rear seat footwell in the wagons.

Im kinda impressed with the condition of the well. That's one of the few El Caminos I've seen where the foot well wasn't completely rotted to the point of being nothing but a gaping hole.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/24 11:14 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

That's probably why the El Camino aging process generally ends with a camper top being more or less permanently installed.

I'm no El Camexpert but if the floor is shaped like that, I assume that any rust there will pass right on through into the interior.  Er, cab.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
10/16/24 6:42 a.m.
SV reX said:

Air tanks. 

That recessed well is on all El Caminos. It's the same floor pan used on station wagons- that well is the rear seat footwell in the wagons.

Im kinda impressed with the condition of the well. That's one of the few El Caminos I've seen where the foot well wasn't completely rotted to the point of being nothing but a gaping hole.

TIL

Three pumps five dumps are missing for a hydraulic system.  Yeah and batteries for the pumps, are they necessary for limited use? 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/24 7:47 a.m.
OjaiM5 said:

Angry come on out to the 805. I will take you surfing 

I'd give that a go

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/16/24 9:41 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to SV reX :

That's probably why the El Camino aging process generally ends with a camper top being more or less permanently installed.

I'm no El Camexpert but if the floor is shaped like that, I assume that any rust there will pass right on through into the interior.  Er, cab.

It usually rusts through quickly and becomes a drain for the bed. The floor rusts quicker than the vertical back wall of the cab, so it doesn't usually get inside. 

...much

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/16/24 12:15 p.m.

Pinstriping and lowriders aren't normally my thing, but that is way cool.

Looks very well put together.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pktbyp7vfowUKajTG77k3xI6llpKqEGMzv9rB1tbdCdH7PiZws0js63eBWXAbtZn