classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/22/20 9:47 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/587374371862584/

How cool is this??? Don't think I've really seen these before, love the boxiness

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
4/22/20 9:51 p.m.

What engine is in that? I can't see Facebook from work.

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/22/20 9:57 p.m.
Patientzero said:

What engine is in that? I can't see Facebook from work.

None. It doesn't come with one. No idea what would normally power it.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
4/22/20 10:03 p.m.

In reply to karplus2 :

I would bet it was a Detroit Diesel.  The modern ones I saw in the Air Force used them

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
4/22/20 10:09 p.m.

You could probably throw a big block chevy RV motor in there, I wouldn't want to pay for the gas though.

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/22/20 10:53 p.m.

It's almost like someone took a dumpster, put windows on it and made it into a truck. I like it!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/23/20 2:47 a.m.

Oshkosh trucks are very industrial. What they end up looking like takes the wayback seat to what they must do.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/23/20 6:20 a.m.

Seller said:

"$3000 for chassis without engine or axles."

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 6:39 a.m.

My "white whale" fire truck was a military 8x8 that was in the DRMO lot at Wright-Patt for a while. I was convinced it was finally going to go up for sale and I was going to buy it, but I eventually spoke with an employee and he said it was going to be in the shredding required scrap sale. :( something about the two turning axles really hit me the right way. It was a foam truck but they'd taken forklift tines and punctured the tank intentionally probably to "demilitarize" it. It was painted the searing lime green color. Oh man what a cool truck.  

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/23/20 8:38 a.m.

Our site was the DRMO for the northeast.  We'd get 3/4 ton Dodge 4X4 pickups for $1.000.  First thing to do is replace the drive shafts as they were loaded on trains with a fork truck.  During cutbacks, auctions stopped and other Departments (Encon, Forestry, DEC etc.) got it all in lieu of budget.  These M-274s were popular with deer hunters.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/20 8:45 a.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/20 9:14 a.m.

Classic Jackets: "I don't have room for this 318ti"

Also Classic Jackets: "Contacted seller re. this firetruck"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/23/20 9:28 a.m.
914Driver said:

Our site was the DRMO for the northeast.  We'd get 3/4 ton Dodge 4X4 pickups for $1.000.  First thing to do is replace the drive shafts as they were loaded on trains with a fork truck.  During cutbacks, auctions stopped and other Departments (Encon, Forestry, DEC etc.) got it all in lieu of budget.  These M-274s were popular with deer hunters.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

WE MADE YOU!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/23/20 9:45 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Classic Jackets: "I don't have room for this 318ti"

Also Classic Jackets: "Contacted seller re. this firetruck"

lol, no messages sent, exclusively shared here. Also, parts come in this weekend for 318ti, may as well racecar it??

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HmyEer1sgO0jMcHglKDGnt7D64wUse9pQWkaUuM1Z3rPelmfI54LFGQ7KtCZcWZy