1 2 3 4
03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/30/22 9:38 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Listen guys, I just want a good frame, suspension, and rear end from one of these things.  If it comes with a car as well, great, but I need those bits at a reasonable Challenge price.

God forbid the twins wreck it or anything, but if it happens please think of me.

Yep. Right where I am, as well!

We hope the twins just tire of driving grandma's car!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/31/22 6:18 a.m.

My daughter is more the small/cute car type.  She's asked over and over for a Beetle and I've been very clear that's a firm "no".  I want her to drive to school, not walk.  Her first car will either be my current Prius C or a similar car if I choose to keep the Prius.

My son is kinda sorta a car guy.  He likes cars, but doesn't understand much about mechanicals...and has little interest in learning.  He's also a bit of a pessimist by nature.  Whenever I get a new car or something like that, the first thing he does is look for flaws and ask about what's broken, how much it costs to fix it, etc...  Regarding the GM, he's already said "Yeah, cool, but it doesn't get good gas mileage".  Sigh...  I shall introduce him to two concepts.  First..."lounge lizard"...Google it son.  Second..."shut the hell up and be happy that your parents are giving you a freakin car"

At the moment, the car is going to reside at my ex-wife's house.  When the twins are with me, they can practice driving on our Prius.  However, when they are with their mother there isn't anything for them to use.  My ex just bought a brand spanking new, loaded to berkeley Palisade.  She does NOT want them driving it.  My older son has my previous DD, an HHR.  He's either at community college, work or his girlfriends so the car is never around.  The GM will be perfect there.  I'm also going to use it when my wife and I take longer trips, such as to Florida.  Our Prius C struggles to hold much cargo/luggage/people.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/4/22 1:03 p.m.

And away it went.

Thank you again, Steve for helping resolve my (surprise) vehicle oversupply. Pleasure to meet another GRM member in person. Good luck with the MGM. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/4/22 5:15 p.m.

GRM is just awesome!!!  The car is precisely as SVreX described, it runs utterly flawlessly.  It truly is the little old lady car.  OHSCrifle is an incredibly stand up guy for reaching out to me and giving me first dibs, and it was great to meet him in person.

The car is home with me and will soon be living as a driver's ed car for my kids.  I also intend to use it for trips to Florida.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/4/22 7:14 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

The rain really makes the paint look good. I'm glad it's gone to a good home. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sMGmmBZr1KepakIL8aEpNwcVoCG6LsbqIYCm0YcHybnMA4ro2d4qbpMLD0w6T3CD