KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/20/21 7:35 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/557701455200745/

Since I know some of you think this was a cool motor, here you go.  $800 NMNA but local to me.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/21 8:59 a.m.

I think Car and Driver had a W8 as a long term test car when they came out. They said that everybody referred to it as "The Wait" because it seemed to take so long to get moving. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/20/21 2:04 p.m.

link not working but I wonder if this is the same one I saw a few weeks ago. I thought about it but decided not to. They were nightmares to work on even though it would be a neat thing to have. 

I was a VW service writer and we had one customer with one. Always problems for years. I drove it many times, took it home, etc. He finally traded it for a 3.6l Passat and it blew it away performance wise. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
4/21/21 7:50 a.m.

When I bought my MKIV GTI (CPO) they had a W8 Wagon with a 6-speed manual in the showroom (~2003).  That's right...V8 Manual AWD wagon!  The sticker price was more than my annual salary at the time.  If you're going to live through the agony of owning one of these, at least make it the best version.  slushbox sedan = usual used car w/unusual problems.  Depending on how much you hate yourself, you either buy this...or an Audi Allroad (6MT twin turbo V6).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3sjp6yMT8Ti00vFt2LYCgO0sBw1so6mSK8UCFrFnkERQJKKgsuslfkLc63zDnZUZ