1 2 3
BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
9/17/24 8:45 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I think I'm in. I'm going to look through the build thread again and will be sending a pm soon devil

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/17/24 8:51 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Ok,

Just in, the fella whom I sold all of the 3.0 parts to is interested in looking at this tonight.  When he picked up my stash of scrap engine parts they were starting a Lemons team.   

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/17/24 9:19 a.m.
akylekoz said:

GRM price now $1200 I'm not heading east until October or I could deliver it.

Wait, there's a delivery option. Clicks add to cart... 

Im still on the fence to be honest, really too many cars right now.

Looks like you have some non-fbm interest so hope it sells soon without hassle. I'll keep watching the thread. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/17/24 9:28 a.m.

In reply to dan0 :

Yeah, I have kids in Detroit, they have a cottage in Caseville, if triangulate that and you are right in the middle.

I give it 90% sold.  I also have too many cars right now.

BlueInGreen - Jon
9/17/24 9:38 a.m.

Pm sent

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/17/24 1:19 p.m.

Sold.

To either the guy who bought the original motor that came out of this.  Or Jon as runner up.  

I have realized that I really like buying cars, selling them, not so much. 

Don't worry I'll have more, SWMBO noticed that I can flip cars for profit, even if I sell them cheap.  There was no profit in this one, just some good use and two boys that can drive a manual trans now.   It survived a full bypass heart surgery, major accident and two teenage drivers, it deserves a good home.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/18/24 2:15 a.m.

I got good news today, and cam on to reel you I'm out, completely. So glad you gat it sold!!!

Finally got the V10 spark plugs all repairs or replaced correct, and she's good to go (albeit expensive to tow)

Was not happy with the mismatched topper to hide my tools for travel in - but today I found a very high end Redding utility cap, for 1/4 what it's worth (about a tenth of new!) All steel, locking sides, and locking doors on the back! Tools will be safe, now  laugh

MPG still gonna hurt, but the camper won't have to be overloaded with tools  

Anyway, congrats on the sell!

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/18/24 8:02 a.m.

Story time,

This did sell on FBMP for asking price to Austen, he bought my leftover engine and parts after the initial engine swap. 

His dad worked at a local import car dealer when he was younger, one of the cars he brought home was a new X5 Manual trans.  Austen has wanted one ever since.   I couldn't find his number to offer it to him but he lives near by and drives past my house frequently.  He sees it in the driveway saying to himself "I want to buy that" every time.  He saw my add yesterday morning on FBMP messaged me right away that he wanted it.  We went for a test drive, I showed him the cobbled frame and front end, warned that it has no ABS, or air bags, he still wanted it.   New wheels and tires are on the way, and he plans to paint it and maybe replace the hood.  

It went to a good home, my boys and wife are a bit sad to see it go as it was the boys first car.

BlueInGreen-Jon,

Sorry this didn't work out and thanks for understanding.   I had to give Austen a shot as he was first in line and I got $300 more out of it.  Any other random FBMP guy would have to come second to GRM.

BlueInGreen - Jon
9/18/24 8:17 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Right on, glad it worked out.

Now my marketplace feed is clogged with cheap shady BMW suvs, lol.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/18/24 8:21 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Seems as though it worked out as it should.  Congrats on the sale!

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/18/24 9:20 a.m.

Join the club.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/18/24 9:25 a.m.

I'm really glad this sold. I didn't want to drive it back to Florida, but I was starting to think about it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UUNR7kFQY8CYf31iqQNFtmqMRpejrnWsdZK7sYHxox9nXyyf0iFC343ZuF9KfvfK