SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/21/23 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

You might be able to talk me into 2. wink

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/22/23 1:23 p.m.

I currently have an active account with IAAI auction site.  There are quite a few listed in the Indianapolis area.  Most will have a salvage title, however there are also options for those who require a "clean" title.  Note Fees are HUGE and must be accounted for.

Here's the first option.  (click link):

This particular car has a CLEAN title, "Buy it Now" option for $850 

My cost with fees would be $1,367.46

It could probably be driven as is, if the bumps up front aren't a deal breaker.   Or you could buy new fenders and paint the bumper cover for better cosmetics.  My target on cars like this is to clear between $500 and $1000  above my buy in price.  That inlcudes me running the battery through the "Dr. Prius" high voltage test to determine battery life % remaining.  if needed I go in at replace &/or refurbish the cells in the battery pack.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/22/23 1:27 p.m.

Here's some others that are selling this coming Wednesday:

link

This one currently doesn't run.  Probably needs a high voltage battery:

This one has 610,475 miles on it.  (yes you read that right 610K miles.)  and still is listed as "runs and drives"

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/22/23 1:32 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

610,000 miles almost 1,000,000 km.... wow

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/22/23 1:33 p.m.

I think there are several options to get you into one for around 3K (after fees, repairs, and with me making a few buck for my time and effort)

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/22/23 1:34 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Yep.  These things are like coach roaches.  Don't be scared off by high miles.  I'm actually considering buying that one, just to see if I can get it up over 1 million miles!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/22/23 1:37 p.m.

And more on my watch list:

Right now, there are a ton of them coming up for auction here in Indianapolis.  These are just waiting for the paperwork to catch up in the process before they go live.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/22/23 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Does your IAAI account let you bid on cars in ATL?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/22/23 2:04 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Yes.  I would have to pay GA sales tax, and then of course would need to pay to have the car towed off their lot.

As an example, the first car I bought from the auction here in Indy, I paid $88 dollars to have the car delivered to my home. 

We'd have to figure out the paperwork side of things.  I'm not familiar with how Georgia transfers their titles.  The auction is required to sell it to my business account name.  So the title would be signed over to me. 

Indiana titles don't require a "Notary".  We just sign them and are good to go.  Our titles also allow a second line on the back for them to "pass through" a dealer type transfer. 

If Georgia paperwork requires that I transfer the paper work into my (business) name. Then I will have to physically have the car present at a BMV here in Indiana for a VIN inspection (required for out of state vehicle purchases).

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/22/23 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

A trip to Indy is not the end of the world. 

Let me check in with my daughter. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/28/23 4:11 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Should I just paypal you like $2500 and you just do the best you can? 

I'm currently trying to talk a lx470 off of somebody for stupid cheap and flip it. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/28/23 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

That Prius locally may not be panning out. I'm still looking. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/28/23 4:48 p.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D4y0h4INi6xQ1syVUNKkbT4dyEFmMpYk666yGZnutL1DTjsifcciHu5FgyTTDgWH