1 2
P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/8/20 2:51 p.m.

Well in a more reasonable vein then, I know nothing of the Mercedes world but I'd say a 3 liter E89 with high miles or a bad top might show up in your range. They have a better front fascia than the E85, IMO and more power too. Not that the E85 feels slow to me.

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/8/20 3:34 p.m.
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) said:
P3PPY said:

Why not LS power a Z3?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/challenge-priced-1998-z3-rod-knocking/176312/page1/

All the other kids would think you were so cool! I could even put eyes on it in a couple weekends

Saying I'm not a GM fan is putting it kindly.

I really don't have the space or time or interest in doing a drivetrain swap, either. I love Z3s but would really just want one with three pedals and six cylinders of German powahh.

Wait, were we not just talking about the Crossfire?  Any you mentioned that your mom owns one?

Swap your Volvo with her Crossfire. Done and done!

J/k burn the Crossfire and collect the insurance money. 

More seriously, if you are looking for a non-Miata Miata for 1-2x challenge money, you could do much worse than my profile picture Solstice/Sky.  Yes, yes, you hate GM, but they're a hoot to drive and the drivetrains are reliable, and to boot, they ALSO have a truck manual transmission (Aisin from a Colorado, but with different ratios so it's not silly like the Crossfire).

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/8/20 7:12 p.m.
Dave M (Forum Supporter) said:
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) said:
P3PPY said:

Why not LS power a Z3?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/challenge-priced-1998-z3-rod-knocking/176312/page1/

All the other kids would think you were so cool! I could even put eyes on it in a couple weekends

Saying I'm not a GM fan is putting it kindly.

I really don't have the space or time or interest in doing a drivetrain swap, either. I love Z3s but would really just want one with three pedals and six cylinders of German powahh.

Wait, were we not just talking about the Crossfire?  Any you mentioned that your mom owns one?

Swap your Volvo with her Crossfire. Done and done!

J/k burn the Crossfire and collect the insurance money. 

More seriously, if you are looking for a non-Miata Miata for 1-2x challenge money, you could do much worse than my profile picture Solstice/Sky.  Yes, yes, you hate GM, but they're a hoot to drive and the drivetrains are reliable, and to boot, they ALSO have a truck manual transmission (Aisin from a Colorado, but with different ratios so it's not silly like the Crossfire).

LOL. Her Crossfire is hers and is a peach of a car, six-speed and only 19k miles mean it'd be a BaT candidate if she ever got rid of it. Insurance would pay us like $9 for the Celine-Dion-mobile by comparison :-P

I thought about the Skystice but I've sat in them and I don't fit very well. They are wonderful little things though.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/9/20 12:15 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/305104884117441/

I found it. 2006 for $5k, 107k miles, "convertible not operable" = now it's in manual mode, as mine has been for 2 years. = win for you

Man, I feel like some Z4 evangelist now. I need to stop

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9NjPHzWNlAjmN9zzCS9l5Xe1pdxbl8lzO0JGkbMZtBRhlhdV82vx9LjHTHKYVUmP