Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/28/22 8:46 a.m.

What’s so special about this bright-orange 911 Targa? Well, multiple things, but the biggest is that it's a rare “soft-window” Targa. Behind the roll hoop, the car was fitted with a removable plastic rear window–an option that was eventually replaced by fixed glass.

Better still, this 911 features the more powerful S engine and comes finished in its original shade of Tangerine, a special-order request.

The seller says this Targa is one of only 483 built and has received a “top-tier concours grade, nut and bolt rotisserie restoration.”

Find this 1967 Porsche 911 soft-window Targa for sale via eBay Motors for $474,911.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/22 11:15 a.m.

Great car, but unfortunately my tax refund won't cover the 1/2 million dollar price tag. Shame that these cars are getting so far beyond the reach of mere mortals. I thought it was sad to see the air cooled 911's go north of $50K, but now they are regularly 100K or more. So I'll just play In the 914 world until I can't play there any more :-)

B2525
B2525
1/28/22 9:59 p.m.

I owned this car about 30 years ago. It had NOS Euro turn signals on it which I kept before I flipped it. Nice to see it was restored. I love 67S's, I've had 8 of them. Still have one, it's not a garage queen, I like to drive them, not polish them. Nothing compares to how an S cam comes on around 4-4500 RPM. Good luck with the sale. 

sfisher71
sfisher71 New Reader
1/29/22 5:54 p.m.

My high-school dream car: 911S, soft-window targa, Tangerine. Why, yes, I DID graduate in 1973, why do you ask?

It replaced a previous dream car: the black-over-red Speedster that was in the showroom window of Gariel-Olsen Porsche+Audi on Ventura Boulevard in the San Fernando Valley. The price tag in 1973? $2995. "That's more than these cars cost new!" my dad said. 

Eventually I owned a rusty 356 (but with a Maestro motor, a beautiful driver) and a 1.8L 914. Sold them both just before prices tripled. (Don't even ask about my tenure as owner of The WOrld's Crappiest Lotus Cortina in the mid-Eighties.)

Ah well. I stand by my dot-sig...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0kXn2ZO1D6tiKyq3w9CRfS9uWxoaWYGV2IxtACALzbeFDTf027WfMn41FByIs8uc