David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/25/13 8:07 a.m.

We're a bit lucky in that our classic car season goes all year--well, some bow out during the dog days of summer. So, what are your plans for this winter?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
11/25/13 8:18 a.m.

Finish up the engine swap on the C10 by the end of the year.

octavious
octavious Reader
11/25/13 9:21 a.m.

This is for the 911, remove the RS door panels and go back to the stock door panels and pockets. Figure out what I want to do with the seats. Stock ones need recovering and are missing a knob and the tilt forward doesn't work on them. I have another set from an SC but they need recovered as well, but the tilt works on those and they have all the knobs. That plus regular maintenance of vavle adjustment, oil change, spark plugs, and air filter which I have been putting off since we have been getting ready to sell our house. But I still drove it to work today, nearly froze my lug nuts off, but I drove it.

If all goes well, everything I just listed will get delayed because we will be moving into a new house and I will be trying to setup the garage at the new house with the new 4 post lift...

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/25/13 9:35 a.m.

Planning (Hoping) on building and installing a new 347 in my Mustang.

dougie
dougie Reader
11/25/13 1:14 p.m.

Planning to refresh the motoring on my '57 AH 100-6MM vintage racer along with a couple of addtional maintenance items to get ready for the 2014 season. I also need to investage an electrical problem (Lucas) on my '65 AH 3000 MkIII.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
11/25/13 3:12 p.m.

MR2 AW11: fix a cracked passenger side air vent, fab some clips to hold the aftermarket shift boot to the console, prep side skirts for springtime paint, replace front strut tops (and maybe go back to stock springs to make the car more suitable for DD use next year), get the handbrake working again (sticks).

94 corvette: install the wheel well splash guards, redo part of the luggage compartment carpet, replace some of the weather stripping, install a manual fan switch (don't like the way these things run hot, particularly at track days).

06 Jeep Liberty: get the berkleying front drivetrain that keeps breaking fixed and sell/trade the POS so I can get a better DD winter car, preferably a Forester. Jeep was great for first 110,000 miles, since then poor reliability.

octavious
octavious Reader
11/26/13 7:23 a.m.
Jim Pettengill said: 06 Jeep Liberty: get the berkleying front drivetrain that keeps breaking fixed and sell/trade the POS so I can get a better DD winter car, preferably a Forester. Jeep was great for first 110,000 miles, since then poor reliability.

Ha. We had the same thing happen on my wife's 02 Liberty. It was a great car until right around the 110k mark, then the rear diff blew. Luckily I was able to fix it on the cheap and we got another good chunk of miles out of it. But after that we were on the lookout to get rid of it as soon as we could.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
11/28/13 11:54 a.m.

I FINALLY got my garage insulated and have a good heat source so I can work out there over the winter.

First I will finish rebuilding the 1500 engine for my 79 Midget. Then I plans to tear apart and rebuild my first 1275 engine!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/28/13 12:30 p.m.

Mine will be getting all of the bugs worked out of the Barracuda. She hasn't seen regular road time for 16 years now so I will be taking the next 3-4 months making her drive nice again.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
11/29/13 3:32 a.m.

Getting my new Cooper T72 ready for some racing. Mostly refreshing all the rubber.

Leo

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
11/29/13 12:52 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JoKQDBep7DaQczhIknUgsnPbyOk779xPgGD4Srs6Ec6yrBXSLefXg3j1Zak9XQ0X