1 2 3 4 5 6
914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/2/09 7:30 a.m.
minimac wrote:
914Driver wrote: The BatVan is languishing behind a VW shop; I'd like to see someone resurrect it and make it RUN!
Fixed

Somewhere in the world is a video of it running, with sound effects.

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
12/2/09 8:58 a.m.

a Turbo Dodge getting higher than 2nd place!

a problemaddict-entered vehicle running faster at the challenge than it did in testing before the challenge.

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
12/2/09 10:10 a.m.

My Isetta

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/2/09 12:17 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Or Caddy Northstar + VW Golf.

In the works.

Pat
Pat New Reader
12/2/09 12:17 p.m.
problemaddict wrote: a Turbo Dodge getting higher than 2nd place! a problemaddict-entered vehicle running faster at the challenge than it did in testing before the challenge.

+1

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/2/09 12:19 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: A turbo diesel vehicle

In the works.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/2/09 12:24 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: A truely spectacular failure... I think the tire coming off on the autocross has gotten it the last two years....of coarse no one should be injured in said spectacle but geez the only ones needing to check their shorts this year were the the driver of said car and the person to parked the late model M3 next to the autocross.

I beg to differ.

I was working the course at the far end. My wife and kids were sitting in lawn chairs next to the M3. I watched the wheel come off and roll directly toward my 3 kids between the ages of 5 and 9. I was too far away to be heard yelling. The wheel veered at the last minute off course from my kids and headed for the M3 instead.

I also checked my shorts.

unevolved
unevolved New Reader
12/2/09 12:36 p.m.
problemaddict wrote: a problemaddict-entered vehicle running faster at the challenge than it did in testing before the challenge.

We may not usually be problem addicts, but our car was running much faster by the end of the competition than it was in testing, or even at the beginning of the Challenge, thanks to Team Gutty.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/2/09 2:41 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
Spinout007 wrote: A truely spectacular failure... I think the tire coming off on the autocross has gotten it the last two years....of coarse no one should be injured in said spectacle but geez the only ones needing to check their shorts this year were the the driver of said car and the person to parked the late model M3 next to the autocross.
I beg to differ. I was working the course at the far end. My wife and kids were sitting in lawn chairs next to the M3. I watched the wheel come off and roll directly toward my 3 kids between the ages of 5 and 9. I was too far away to be heard yelling. The wheel veered at the last minute off course from my kids and headed for the M3 instead. I also checked my shorts.

Sorry Svrex, now that you mention it, Mr.Joshua and I even stopped and talked to them on the way down to the tech area to check out the fiero and snag a spot in the shade to watch the autocross. I didn't even recall them being in that area during the runaway wheel highlight, darn a.d.d. I truely do apologize for that oversight. As previously stated "not that anyone should be injured during said failure" I don't wish harm on anyone, it's one of the reasons I don't put my hands on anyone, not even playing around.

fastclown
fastclown Reader
12/2/09 2:48 p.m.

Wheels winning overall...

And bring back the road course

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
12/2/09 5:02 p.m.

A ford model T with wide AX tires

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
12/3/09 8:07 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: A turbo diesel vehicle
In the works.

Already been done , maybe not at the challenge, but I have the article from SCC about 10 years ago. they called it the "Coupe deGolf" It was really well done.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/3/09 8:32 a.m.
  1. Wally.

2. John Brown.

3. Les (fastasleep)'s newest project.

4. A berkeleying Mini-Me win. Seriously. It's about goddamn time.

5. An 11.99.

6. A propane tank in the pool. You know the rest.

7. A volkswagen beetle disassembled in the parking lot, re-assembled on the balcony of El Presidente.

8. A 10-Second WESTSIDE run.

9. Corey & Colleen drinking whiskey in the hot-tub till sun-up.

10. Whatever team Phostiva brings.

11. Watching the A & M dudes take what they've learned and gun for a #1 finish their second time out.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/3/09 8:32 a.m.

Apparently, it's a tie for first place.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/3/09 8:38 a.m.

More cowbell.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
12/3/09 12:51 p.m.

Me with a car for once.

unevolved
unevolved New Reader
12/3/09 1:06 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: 11. Watching the A & M dudes take what they've learned and gun for a #1 finish their second time out.

That's probably the best compliment we could have been given. Thank you.

I can't tell you how excited we are for October. And yes, we do have high hopes for this year.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/3/09 1:39 p.m.

There's more than a few people gunning for the top spot this year, You better bring the BFG's for it. I know what a few are building, I'm not sharing.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/3/09 1:40 p.m.
More cowbell. Me with a car for once.

File under: "101 things that really don't need to be repeated 101 more times in this thread."

kthx.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/3/09 1:43 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: 1. Wally. 2. John Brown.

I sense a hit being put out on us Wall-doe.

[John transfers $50.00 to his PayPal quasi-cash account to pay for next Florida trip]

unevolved
unevolved New Reader
12/3/09 5:07 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: There's more than a few people gunning for the top spot this year, You better bring the BFG's for it. I know what a few are building, I'm not sharing.

We won't disappoint.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/3/09 5:52 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: 3. Les (fastasleep)'s newest project.

Paul (SVreX)'s old project which Les (thankfully) has the chutzpah to finish.

Paul (SVreX) behind the wheel of Les's newest project with an ENORMOUSLY big smile on his face!

Paul BEATING Les's newest project in Paul's newest project.

Paul will settle for getting beat by Les, because Les is so darned cool.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/3/09 5:55 p.m.
914Driver wrote:
minimac wrote:
914Driver wrote: The BatVan is languishing behind a VW shop; I'd like to see someone resurrect it and make it RUN!
Fixed
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1003/914Dan/?action=view&current=BatVan.flv
wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/3/09 6:41 p.m.
problemaddict wrote: a Turbo Dodge getting higher than 2nd place!

I could drink to that.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/3/09 6:51 p.m.
fastclown wrote: Wheels winning overall... And bring back the road course

Oh that's beautiful. That was good for a laugh.

BTW Guidipie, you planning to be there next year?

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cLUYVkqhPt3baBsnUnU6Yg3gJlgWW3mS5IOAB8xPTB4iDPdd4LeuldvlFyxaWvJ5