1 ... 4 5 6
HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
12/22/09 10:02 p.m.
junkbuggie wrote:
HappyAndy wrote: something powered by a flat head engine?(and not come in dead last) or something powered by an engine that was never meant for road vehicle use?
old school tractor diesel with boost?

yeah, that or an air craft engine

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/23/09 4:38 p.m.

SVreX, ratghia,

I was just saying I love flat engines.

That being said, I will personally buy someone a case of beer if they show up with anything powered by a Lycoming.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/23/09 4:50 p.m.

There was some discussion about a mythbusters style "Confederate Rocket" (solid fuel) on the Rusteevuh. I'm guessing we wouldn't be invited back though. Or we'd die. .

junkbuggie
junkbuggie New Reader
12/23/09 5:21 p.m.

I started looking at tractors but I don't have the know how to A) make it work at all and if I could B)make it fast (only about 50hp) but it would make a cool locost because you could use the grill and some knobby implement tires and have something really unique.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/24/09 6:04 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: something powered by a flat head engine?(and not come in dead last) or ....

The little guy was going to do a hot rod roadster with a flathead 6. But, the current body panel rule erased that plan for the Challenge. He already strip and cut the body. We'll finish it another day for the fun of it.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/24/09 7:11 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Better girl-guy hot tub ratio
Be careful what you wish for. I could probably round up a dozen or so more loud annoying british chicks.

Those girls on Scoreland dot com aren't really your friends, but invite them anyway...

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch New Reader
12/28/09 7:17 a.m.

a 9 second team gutty car.

we'll be burning tires and having fun next year. the car my brothr and i are building will only have the goal of winning the drag race.

its a non FWD honda, that started as a FWD honda.

HEAD SIZED TURBO -adam, team gutty

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/28/09 9:21 a.m.

Anything with a V16 Anything with a Supercharged Straight 8 Anything Turbine Powered Anything Bungee Powered Anything Steam Powered Anything Electric Powered without Batteries

(OK, stay with me on this on. Concourse=No movement. Dragstrip = 1/4 mile distance or so. Autocross = no more than 1/4 mile from a central point. So why no a massive electric motor in a car with an 1/4 mile extension cord? Save weight on batteries! As long as you could park a generator in the center of the autocross course, and have the cord connected to a pole on the roof of the car to clear the cones, why not?)

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/28/09 9:24 a.m.
redzcstandardhatch wrote: a 9 second team gutty car. we'll be burning tires and having fun next year. the car my brothr and i are building will only have the goal of winning the drag race. its a non FWD honda, that started as a FWD honda. HEAD SIZED TURBO -adam, team gutty

SHWEEET!!!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/28/09 11:26 a.m.
redzcstandardhatch wrote: a 9 second team gutty car. we'll be burning tires and having fun next year. the car my brothr and i are building will only have the goal of winning the drag race. its a non FWD honda, that started as a FWD honda. HEAD SIZED TURBO -adam, team gutty

Heh heh heh...

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1526276199.html

Add nitrous. Receive 9s.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/29/09 8:08 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Heh heh heh... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1526276199.html Add nitrous. Receive 9s.

He is headed to his garage to get more pictures. Anyone willing to go look at this for me?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/29/09 8:13 a.m.
wheels777 wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Heh heh heh... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1526276199.html Add nitrous. Receive 9s.
He is headed to his garage to get more pictures. Anyone willing to go look at this for me?

Sure. I'm about 30 minutes from him.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/29/09 8:50 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:

i smell Andy selling off the 427 in pieces to recoup a whole bunch of money...

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/29/09 9:12 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
i smell Andy selling off the 427 in pieces to recoup a whole bunch of money...

If you aren't part of the transport effort, you just go sniffing in some other direction.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/29/09 9:44 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: If you aren't part of the transport effort, you just go sniffing in some other direction.

since i don't have a trailer or a dolly, i'll just go sniff somewhere else...

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/29/09 10:16 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: As long as you could park a generator in the center of the autocross course, and have the cord connected to a pole on the roof of the car to clear the cones, why not?)

Not enough current available, you'd need a monstrous cable and generator to put out the hundreds of amps required. I doubt anybody would seriously try this, but just in case...

Bryce

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pjxFqgw4UdIqQm0IEOD9EgFJSQcSo81MS6z13WWz0t09Ogb3krdZF3UM87R5d1oJ